What are these pliers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
What are these pliers?

I found these in a box of old tools.

Are they saw teeth setting pliers?

Cheers James

Attachments

• IMG_20210218_170511013.jpg
    IMG_20210218_170511013.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 139
I Think (only "think" mind) that's a yes James. I'm only "fringe-knowledgeable" when it comes to wood working tools, but looking carefully at your pic, they appear to have the same function as my much newer Eclipse brand saw setting pliers.

But I could be wrong though - I suggest you wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along, e.g. "Andy - Tools n that"; or pity but I think Andy T no longer hangs out here; but there are others too.

Definitely saw setting pliers - I have one that I used to use years ago on B&D circular saw blades, long before the advent of TCT blades. I’ll dig them out and post a photo

I had a similar one I bought from Lee Valley many years ago to set the teeth on a resew bandsaw blade and for log crosscut saws. They are for bigger teeth than cabinet and bench saws. I wonder where that thing is now? :unsure:

Pete

Another for saw set, I asked the same question about the same one and thanks to this forum got educated!

Paul

Back