westonbrit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
been meaning to post about the dovetail workshop i attended for a while now

Besides the fabulous location and woodworking Rob is such an interesting guy and knows everyone in the hand tool scene, he tells it how he sees it no punches pulled.
Got the low down on why he and lie nielsen have parted company and why i'll have a long wait for a saw from a certain boutique maker :(
anyway here is a pick of me rob and my effort, which if i do say so myself, came out quite well.

2889872739_a3453bef33.jpg

He hated all my tools and convinced me of the same so i ended up using his. I ordered this lot the next day straight from Maine, cause of the rumoured price increase.

2889872907_c284c5cdac.jpg

Tom

oh very nice. I'd like to do this course next year. Tho, I'm waiting to hear if Brian Boggs is coming back, coz that's a bit of me for sure.

Hi Tombo, I sat next to you in Robs Masterclass on Friday morning, remember me?
You’re absolutely right about Rob Cosman - he is a fantastic teacher: even if I sit through the same lecture as a previous year I always come away having learned something new! I have been most years to Westonbirt , as much as anything to see Robs Masterclass, IMHO I think Westonbirt is currently the best Woodworking show in the UK. Full marks should also go the Classic Hand Tools for sponsoring Rob’s attendance at the show.

When I got home from the show I intended emailing Lie Nielsen in Maine to tell them they should be aware that despite Rob’s parting from LN he was still doing a fantastic job demonstrating there products, not knowing the reason behind the parting I decided against it.

Tom
Sounds like you had a great time - Rob certainly is a Gent, and a great teacher at that!
An unbelievably bad gloat - where did you learn such bad behaviour? :twisted:
Cheers
Philly :D

Hey Mike,
wow small world :D
it is funny that even though rob and LN have fallen out he still recommends their tools.
In a way that emphasises the quality of the product and makes me want them all the more

I also went to woodfest and i think it was as good as westonbrit
It conflicted with another show so CHT could only muster a small display.
The lumber jack competitions were great to watch and i wish i had taken a picture of the 200 foot logs they climbed. :shock:
2892026348_e13355c65f.jpg

2891178877_fea8a47108.jpg

got chatting to this guy doing a carving and he kindly let my youngest have a go
2891179309_c63b868ea2.jpg

Back