Westonbirt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davejester":3asr97qh said:
....more necessities.

Dave

I'm sure we all understand that it's need rather than want Dave :lol:

... leave the cc glue at home :wink:

Nigel thinks hard on how he is going to explain his new purchase to TLOHL waiting outside whilst Di tries to hide her mirth by studying some shavings.

DSC02399.JPG

To be fair he did a bit of successful bargaining before opening his wallet.

To go to Westonbirt was a spur of the moment thing and I am so glad we went,
It was great to meet Chas and Di again and enjoy a good chat,

Classic Hand Tools have pulled together a great collection too many to mention but most of my money went in their tent and yes I did get a bargain on the marking knife,

The quality of the crafts on show was incredible,

It was my first time there but wont be my last

Nigel

Got back from my second day at westonbirt. Today was more about working on the club stand. I did get a couple of hours to wonder round. Was good to meet Chas and Paul J. Shame I couldn't spend more time wandering round with you both.

I had a good play with the Munroe hollowing tool. Cheers Mark. After your advice I came home and played with the Hamlet Little Brother. All of a sudden it started working in a way I'd never managed before. Will spend more time tomorrow working it out.

Unfortunately after I was sure I wasn't going to spend any more money I set foot in the Classic Hand Tools stall once more. Looking at the waterstones I nearly broke one of the boxes. This led to being shown the stones I needed to sharpen my plane blades. Two stones and one cabinet scraper later I walked out for the last time. Well I only work for the fun of spending money!

Will be back next year, hopefully selling stuff as well as buying stuff.

Dave

Yes certainly have to agree with everyone elses comments,it was really a superb day out,weather was a big help too :D
Finally got to meet Anthony Dew from the Rocking Horse Shop.Really liked his new design for the Ply horse,which i've been told i've got to do :shock:
All made from one sheet of 8'x4'x3/4" birch ply,as in the piccy.
Also got to meet Mark Hancock,got some good tips from him,and to see DaveJester again having another go,and had a chat to Nick Gibbs.
Didn't buy much just bits n pieces,but was amazed at some of the items on display.Fantastic. :D

markdave.jpg

urstruly.jpg

plyhorse.jpg

Paul.J.

Dave & Paul... Glad to have been of some help.

Just about recovered now but still haven't got the lathes out of the car and back into the workshop :lol:

It was great to put some faces to names from here but please forgive me if I see you in the future and can't remember :oops:

Sounds like this year's W'birt was an enormous advance on what it was a few years ago. But not much help to those of us just south of the Great Glen; wonder if the Scottish bit of the Forestry Commission (or whatever they call themselves now) could be persuaded to do something similar in the frozen north?

Mark it was a pleasure talking to you,even though it was mainly about lathes :roll:
I think you did convert Amy to having a go though.She was very impressed with what she saw :shock:
Paul.J.

Back