Went for an NHS colonoscopy yesterday..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeks -those are all classic signs something is not right down there... - I hope the outcome is positive for you whatever inconvenience you may endure en-route
+1. Fingers crossed for you. Did your doctor not organise the Fit Poo test for you ? Blood in the stools is a two-week fast track in the UK.

I know what you mean re driving, timing and the purge. I was pretty sure I was OK but just to be on the safe side had a bog roll in the car with me !

I have always had diverticulitis but had no problems for many years, then out of the blue. You need to understand the system in Italy, too many go to A&E for nothing, my cousin works in A&E. But in the end, I had no choice, lucky I went in when I did, I was admitted immediately and told there was an 80% chance they would have to operate. Fortunately no food or water and antibiotics for a week and I was home in 10 days. Horrible experience, the hospital that is.

I'll second that - I have 2 impacted wisdom teeth that god forbid will ever need extraction, have had major work done on both adjacent molars and tbh they are so far back in my throat I almost gagged a couple of times and had to get the dentist to stop as I felt I was going to throw up.
An investigative colonoscopy a couple of years back was a walk in the park in comparison albeit the MoviPrep was disgusting to drink.
I remember the surgeons report contained a comment wrt the efficacy of the prep so I assume they had a clear view so to speak!

@RogerS You have my sympathies, hope you can get an alternate appointment PDQ
dont worry,they dont extract wisdom teeth using colonoscopy equipment to guide the pliers

Back