We need more snow to make our journeys faster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in a little village in East Yorkshire and my daughter completed her degree in Reading last year so I have on quite a few occasions 'enjoyed' the pleasure of finding my may to the M62, onto the M1 via the M18, taking my life in my hands and sitting for hours in roadworks and conjestion on the M1 and queueing for hours on the M25 before battling my way to Reading. The journey is a complete nightmare and can vary from about 4 hours to about 8 depending on traffic.

So given the fact that the entire country is supposed to be at a standstill because of the snow, I wasn't exactly looking forward to driving my lad to Heathrow airport today and then having to drive back.

So you can imagine how surprised I was to complete the journey there in about 4 hours, driving down clear and quiet motorways (including the M25 at 9:00 this morning!) and getting back in about the same time.

So I would like to say a big thankyou to the people that kept the motorways open and the people that persuaded so many other people that the roads were impassable. It was the easiest drive to the South and back I've ever done.

We need more snow and less traffic!

Here here.
Before Christmas, I was working on site. The shortest journey time I achieved that week was an hour and forty five minutes.
Just got back from the same site today (same route) and did it in one hour dead.
Nice empty roads.
Luvverly jubberly.

Sawdust, I'm pleased someone is getting a benefit from this snow :)
I grew up cycling around the east riding, from a town that was west riding, now east. Some great scenery, must be tremendous on the wolds in the snow.

xy

Its been the same around Newcastle ,did a journey today in 45 mins that could take upwards 1 hr 20 mins normally

Back