Washer dryer cupboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_belgium

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, did a search and couldn't find any info probably due to lack of using correct terminology.

I'm looking to make a cupboard for a washer and a dryer machine, the plan is to make it a little wider than both machines to leave some room at the sides for the door to slide in when they are open. I'm looking for ideas/info as to where I can find these hinge/slide combination hardware?

A bit hard to explain but what I need is when the doors are open, they then slide into the cupboard essentially hiding them and that way the cupboard can be left open when the machines are working.

Thanks in advance, Christof.

Odd idea but it worked for us on a cupboard in a corner where there was no room to open it with conventioanl hinges. I drilled and installed neodymiun magnets in the frame and on the door.

Sorry can't help with the door query but One tip I can give you is to get a rubber shock absorbing mat if the washing machine is not sat on a solid floor.
I built a double cupboard to house a washing machine and a tumble dryer, the client wanted them raised off the floor with a small plinth running underneath, the cupboard was made to be fairly indestructible.
The first time it was used the washing machine sounded like a jumbo jet taking off.
A quick bit of googling turned up a rubber shock absorbing mat and a visit to everybody's favourite auction site to get said mat and hey presto, rubber mat under the machine and all was silent , well as silent as a washing machine ever is.

Try searching for tv cabinet hinges. I have bought them in the uk before but I cannot recall the brand

Back