Warning: Saws ahead

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
With Alf's recent posting of the dire warnings concerning saws, I felt I should add something to the title to that affect... :lol:

Modeled after the Kenyon DT and carcass saws. German Beech handles, slotted brass backs. The DT saw is 16 ppi, 9" blade and the carcass saw is 11" and 14 ppi, both rip.

Take care, Mike

jm_0001a.jpg

jm_0002a.jpg

jm_0003a.jpg

jm_0004a.jpg

Beautiful Mike.

I was going to order a LN Carcass or Tenon saw tomorrow, but having seen your work (in the steel at Philly's bash) I am sorely tempted.

Can you pm me a price for the Carcass? And delivery times P&P etc.

Your attention to detail is really quite stunning, Mike. You obviously care a great deal about your work. Having handled one of your saws at Phil's bash recently, they really are as good as they look :wink:

Paul

All I can say is well done Mick, another first class saw =D>
Ps If you where not so nice I could hate you :wink: .
Carry on the good work :)

Many thanks to you all for the kind words.

PM sent Tony.

Colin--I hope to meet you one day. You've got a great sense of humor! And besides, I love your avatar and would dearly love to get carving tips...

Take care, Mike

Thanks Phil and Alf...

Yep, all the Kenyon backsaws in the Seaton chest angle the backs to the toe. Progressively more taper the larger the saw. Each of the backs are of a slight width difference [and thickness between the open vs. closed handled saws] as well. And each handle is slightly larger in both thickness and width of hand-hold, as well as the cheeks are longer on the carcass compared to the DT. Really a neat study in saws from a single maker during the same period.

Take care, Mike

Mike
I am glad you like my sense of humor 8-[ :) and I would like to meet you too ( Hopefully with saws in hand :D ).

If you like my avatar, my might like this if you have not seen it yet :roll: :wink:

Back