Wanted-VB36 Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnaranbhai

Reaction score
Hello,

I am keen to purchase a VB36 Lathe. On a student's stipend I cannot hope to afford a new one, but having spent years poring over various lathe options I think a VB36 would be a lathe that I would treasure and rely on until I am unable to turn any longer!

Would be glad for any leads in this regard.

Many Thanks,
Vivek

Good luck, they are the kind of lathes that once you've got it you would never get rid, I've never seen a second hand one.

Welcome to the forum and join the club!

I have been wanting a VB 36 for the last 20 years but I doubt if I shall ever own one!

It is one of those items like owning a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, you might be a an enthusiast but the sheer cost of the investment!!!!

I sincerely hope that your quest bears fruit.

Regards, Peter.

I believe Toolpost in Didcot sell them new. Not what you want I know but you could go and have a drool over one :)

You just got to keep your ear to the ground, Ebay, gumtree, local adds from turning clubs (I used to google vb36 and search through the first few pages of results weekly, you will notice anything new!), and have the cash ready and a way to move it.
I was looking for years and missed out on a couple through lack of funds or being too far away.
I did however strike it lucky on the bay a couple of months ago and was the only bidder on a VB36 long bed with 30 odd chisels and a host of extras less than 10 miles from where I live so it does happen. I know of 3 sold this year so far.
BTW. you will think and think about spending the cash, try to justify it, rationalize it. Don't bother just buy it and enjoy it for just how great this machine really is!!
Good luck with your search.

Back