Wall mounted dust/chip extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 2nd hand SIP, removed the frame and wheels and simply lifted it up as high as I could (between the rafters/joists). I then ran the intake air through a cyclone first (which removes all the main dust etc) leaving the finest dust to be then vented through an opening I cut in the 'shed' wall and out into the atmosphere.

My original plan was to use one of the bags internally but having found out how good the cyclone 'filtering' was, it made sense (especially space saving) to vent it out where it bothers no one.

The only thing I had to change was that having fitted it firmly to the joists the noise of the 2hp motor got so amplified that it sounded like a motor boat/plane taking off....a few weeks later I altered it to simply be suspended in somewhat of a hammock of strong rope. The flexible 100mm pipes allow it to rock slightly on startup...the noise has reduced considerably and bothers me not anymore.
I've not only saved a ton of floor space and significantly reduced the amount of dust within the workshop. 👍

Here is my old Ax 2200 machine taken from its frame and attached to the wall with 2 MDF brackets. It was in this state when I bought it s/h although the filter is a recent addition:-
P1170308.JPG
P1170309.JPG

Back