Waiting time for an Adria saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered an Adria saw, with bubinga handle about three months ago.
I've just had to send my second email, to ask if there's any status of my order. (No answer to the first enquiry).

Has anyone else had problems with Adria please? Should I have settled for a plain, beech handle for speed? :)

Cheers

John :)

I have the LN Dovetail saw and Carcass saw which are superb if you decide to abort your order. At least LN products can be had easily- Hope this helps

And the LN's are definately as good as and possibly a bit better/nicer than the Adrias, can't see you being dissapointed if you change, and personally, with that lack of customer service and respect I wouldn't hesitate to tell them so !

Cheers, Paul :D

Got mine from Japan Woodworker several years ago. Was delivered about a week after ordering. Very nice saw. As a surpirse for Father's Day, my wife bought me a Grammercy. Different feel than the Adria and haven't used it enough to decide which I prefer (I mainly work Penna. cherry, white oak and poplar, max. 3/4" mostly 1/2"). Adria is well suited.

T.Z.

John,

Sorry to hear about your Adria saw problem!

I picked up an Adria dovetail saw when I first started woodworking, about four or five years ago. At that time, I don't think he had nearly the supply demand and it didn't take me but a week or two to receive it.

That might have changed in the past year or two, which could account for the delay.

Still, that's no excuse for not answering your inquiry. If it were me, I'd shoot over one more e-mail. Give it a week and if that doesn't work, then try calling him. International phone charges aren't too bad from the UK to Canada (I'm pretty sure he's in Canada, right?), but at this point I'd be calling him to cancel my order and let him know I'm going to go with a Lie-Nielsen or a Wenzloff :? so it would be worth the charge.

I won't stand by for bad customer service, even if it means passing on something I really want. I'll cancel the order and take my business somewhere else. I think if more people make that sort of statement, especially in such a small industry as the woodworking industry, the manufacturers and retailers would have to stand up and take notice.

I gotta get going... there's an estate sale with "tools" in the flyer, so I'm headed to check it out.

Good luck with the saw issue.

Cheers,

Benchwayze":3olzjbt5 said:
I ordered an Adria saw, with bubinga handle about three months ago.
I've just had to send my second email, to ask if there's any status of my order. (No answer to the first enquiry).

Has anyone else had problems with Adria please? Should I have settled for a plain, beech handle for speed? :)

Cheers

John :)

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/saws/index.html
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/blog3 ... ended.aspx
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx ... at=1,42884

Latest posts

Back