Wadkin weight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of the manual says:

" 392lbs net, 514lbs gross"

That would be 178kg, 233kg in Systeme Internationale.

Sam

PS I reckon the difference is the packing case weight. I seem to remember D.B. Keighley's ads, quoting 400lbs as standard.

My BRT10 (basically an AGS10 with a sliding table) is heavy. It can be dragged around or 'walked' with two people. I had access to a small forklift and pallet truck to move mine when I bought it.

The things are to make sure the floor is man enough to hold it. Also the difficulty in moving/manoeuvring it. It can be dismantled - table, wings, motor, top/bottom of base so moving a part at a time is possible. To lift it you'd need 4 strong blokes.

Misterfish

SammieQ":x2l4m9pk said:
My copy of the manual says:

" 392lbs net, 514lbs gross"

That would be 178kg, 233kg in Systeme Internationale.

Sam

PS I reckon the difference is the packing case weight. I seem to remember D.B. Keighley's ads, quoting 400lbs as standard.

Perfect, guessed about this weight, I just needed to buy some toggle clamps for my mobile base, I needed the weight info to know which toggle clamp to buy.
My Sedgwick planers going to be a whole other ball game!
If your interested this was the design idea I used for my base.

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Unisaw/U ... nGuide.pdf

Cheers Nev. I had saved old PB's design a while back, but I have had no luck in either restoring my own decrepid AGS nor making a base for it yet. Family upsets have been thick and fast recently and I haven't sliced a wood fibre in anger for 6 months...If you can, post up a few photaes and I'll get a lot of vicarious enjoyment from them! Sam

Latest posts

Back