dust collection on a Wadkin BOA/S 12 planer/jointer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin_H

Reaction score
All,

I'm looking at buying an old Wadkin BOA/S 12 planer/jointer to go with my WAdkin AGS10 tablesaw. I cant seem to find anything on the internet about dust collection on this machine. Any one ever produced one? Is it worth the hassle of building it out of wood / sheet metal ?

Kind regards,
Martin

IMG_4042.PNG

I need to get rid of this out of my workshop if you want to PM me, its 3Phase. just noticed your in Belgium, oops

Last edited:
I used to have a BAOS and like most people I just built a kind of plywood box that connected to a dust extractor, the box sat underneath when planing and sat on top when thicknessing, worked quite well, definitely worth doing.

I'd second a plywood box, I based mine on a low profile vent to 100mm ducting. Ideally you want it as low profile as possible if you want to minimise a lot of moving the thicknessing table up and down as you switch between planing and thicknessing.

It is definitely worth the effort, it's a few minutes work to knock the hood up and the amount of chippings the BAOS can create in short order is phenomenal.

Latest posts

Back