Wadkin SO saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangermouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just won a Wadkin SO saw on the evil-bay. I was wondering if anyone knew much about them and if anybody might have a manual I could have a copy of. This image is from a 1936 brochure I have.

WadkinSO_zpsaf747c32.jpg

Looks like it will need some restoration, but the seller says it will run, but has a faulty contactor and is all complete, I hope I didn't get carried away paying £150 for it.

Wadkinsosaw_zpscb09cba3.jpg

I'd start by ringing or emailing Wadkin/Daltons, they will hopefully have the info somewhere.

They may also be able to provide spare parts if required (they say they can for all the machines in their online library, some of which are pretty ancient), though I imagine that that could get pricey.

Hi, I was looking at that same saw but decided against it only because I have a few projects awaiting work. Daltons don't have the manual for that saw but I could ask around if you wish? I wouldn't be worried about the £150 price, just think what can you get saw wise new. I was on the look out for a fence for a pk I have. There was one on ebay just like the one on yours and it went for over £100. Does yours have the original crown guard and height adjuster. If so there are people who would pay handsomely for those items. Are you going to post some more pics? How does the blade rise mechanism work?
Mark

Hi Mark
I haven't got the saw back yet. It has the complete guard and pillar, it was taken off to transport it. I hope to put a few posts on here as I restore it over time. But it will be put in mothballs for a while as have a few other things to do before I start this one. (hammer)

Well its being delivered on Tuesday, very excited! Will post a few photo's of it. I have scoured the 'net and can only find two references to a Wadkin SO. one is a picture posted on this forum, but no info and yes one in an Ebay auction in April :shock:
So looks to be a pretty rare thing, unless a few thousand are lurking around hidden in the corner of workshops and no one is telling. :?

Back