wadkin RAS restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jelly":3lno9iux said:
That's coming up wonderfully, I'm genuinely envious of you (though I doubt I could do half as good a job as you have!).

adidat":3lno9iux said:
really you want it in the place your hand is near for when the sh@t hits the fan, touch wood this is never a problem.
so if you fit a fence (which you most likely will) why not have it fixed to the back on the left of the saw. or have it wired but lose with some sought of clamp on the back and move it around to suit!

The work ones I used (and subsequently my own small one) had the emergency stop fitted to the bottom of the table, such that you can hit it with your belly/hip/knee...

Same here with mine, next to the switch for the extractor.

That's going to be one mean cross cut saw when it's all done.

JH

I am very nearly finished just a couple of odds and ends to do. I wired it up and it didn't work through the original starter. So I put a modern starter on and smoke came billowing out of the motor. On inspection one of the three wires was damaged inside the motor. luckily there was enough wire to redo without haveing to join anything. It ran fine after that

66_zps5a42463b.jpg

67_zpsd7085e45.jpg

68_zps3097fe09.jpg

74_zps9b1b00fc.jpg

69_zpsf31bb474.jpg

70_zpsb7e6c766.jpg

72_zpse8922fd8.jpg

78_zpsfce7c0fb.jpg

75_zpsf139d2bf.jpg

76_zps4e0548a7.jpg

77_zps91f3753c.jpg

79_zpsc1ae80b0.jpg

83_zpsd77b5f26.jpg

I made a bit of a mess of the tags
84_zps6d6f5d23.jpg

The build quality of that machine is truly something to behold... People rave about the old DeWalts, but looking at those pictures, the Round-Arm BRA is on a whole other level!

A great saw! If anyone lacked a tool fetish, seeing that would cure them.

Back