Wadkin LP restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wallace":ttocmywi said:
I really like original conduit, its such good quality and always cleans up nice

VpOvQ2e.jpg

UJ1PzSC.jpg

I5qboXd.jpg

Hi There, that came out great as usual... for the armored conduit how did you clean it up? It came out great. Also is it bespoke to Wadkin? Asking because I've been looking for some high quality conduit that is similarly terminated in bronze or something similar, but haven't found any anywhere...

KT_NorCal":15dkhcu7 said:
...I've been looking for some high quality conduit that is similarly terminated in bronze or something similar, but haven't found any anywhere...
PM sent regarding conduit.

Cheers, Vann.

wallace":2hvhgzlb said:
It normally cleans up with just a wire wheel and then polished on a mop with compound. I've seen it on other machines from the same era. You can still get the flexible conduit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-10mm ... UotRB1AEbg
I've not tried finding the brass ends it screws into

You just use rouge or do you go though the various levels of compound after you wire wheel it.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to have to look a little more carefully for some conduit over here. That stuff in the link you sent seems quite a bit nicer than anything I've found over here (so far at least).
Thanks!

Vann":1p6klb95 said:
KT_NorCal":1p6klb95 said:
...I've been looking for some high quality conduit that is similarly terminated in bronze or something similar, but haven't found any anywhere...

Cheers, Vann.
Hi Vann,
I sent you a PM back, but I'm not sure if it went though or not as it didn't show up in my sent messages, so lmk if you don't see it for whatever reason...

You just use rouge or do you go though the various levels of compound after you wire wheel it.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to have to look a little more carefully for some conduit over here. That stuff in the link you sent seems quite a bit nicer than anything I've found over here (so far at least).
Thanks![/quote]

All I use is silverline red compound and that's for all the polishing I do, I've tried other stuff and personally I think its more what prep you do before you go to polish.
I've tried brown, black, white compounds but think red is best.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FINE-RED-GOL ... SwYgNbWeeX

KT_NorCal":7yosw68a said:
Vann":7yosw68a said:
KT_NorCal":7yosw68a said:

Cheers, Vann.
Hi Vann,
I sent you a PM back, but I'm not sure if it went though or not as it didn't show up in my sent messages, so lmk if you don't see it for whatever reason...
Nothing received at this end either. I'll try again.

Cheers, Vann.

Back