Wadkin AGS - riving knife mounting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Surname or what ?":3p68lafn said:
Paul,

Comparing with Misterfish's and Katellwood's I'm pretty sure mine should mount on the parallelogram arrangement like theirs. The blocked hole is circled in red and on close inspection the metal in the hole is slightly proud and has threads. Looks as though it was broken off.

P6090152-1.jpg

thanks
Phil

Phil, If you can use a small grinding disc in a Dremel to cut a slot across the diameter of the bolt, you should be able to get it out with a screwdriver. Don't worry if the slot also cuts into the main metal a bit, that will still be plenty strong enough.

If that fails, drilling a hole in the stud and using a screw extractor ( a sort of coarse, left hand threaded tap) should have it out.

Can you tell us if you are proposing to buy replacement parts via the NetBlind Paul approach or want to make your own parts from stock steel?

Cheers

Bob

Bob,
I am trying to identify the exact parts Phil needs then once he knows the cost, he can decide, once we know the parts he could also ask any other forum members if they have the exact same parts to take measurements off for him to make the bits.

Another suggestion in getting the bolt out is to hit it around at a tangent with a centre punch & hammer, or if you are a bit of a welder you can weld a nut on to it and screw it out, or perhaps stick an arc welding rod to the screw and then wind it out?

Cheers Paul,

I did not want to cut across anything that you are doing by offering suggestions on fabrication. I'll watch the thread for a while and see which way things are going.

Bob

Bob,
You do your own thing mate it's a free world. :)
I am just trying to help Phil ID the right parts, if he wants to buy them off me that's fine, else he can go elsewhere for them if he does not want to make them himself.
IF he has the plate type mount there is a pivot linkage below also, so it is not quite as straight forward as it appears.

Thanks to all who have shown an interest. It's great to have so much help at hand. I got distracted by my paid job yesterday and this morning :), but hope to get to work on this tomorrow.

I'll get the dremel out and see what's blocking this hole.

If we can correctly identify the parts I'll buy them if available and not stupidly priced. Fabrication would be fun, but my time is so stretched at the moment. But who knows - fabrication may be my only option.

I'll report back when I've done some work on it.
cheers
Phil

I'm back with an update.

9fingers":2atyw1cd said:
Phil, If you can use a small grinding disc in a Dremel to cut a slot across the diameter of the bolt, you should be able to get it out with a screwdriver. Don't worry if the slot also cuts into the main metal a bit, that will still be plenty strong enough.

If that fails, drilling a hole in the stud and using a screw extractor ( a sort of coarse, left hand threaded tap) should have it out.

Can you tell us if you are proposing to buy replacement parts via the NetBlind Paul approach or want to make your own parts from stock steel?

Cheers

Bob

Thanks Bob, the dremel trick worked a treat; I retrieved the remains of an M6 bolt from the bit circled in red.

P6090152-2.jpg

I also was able to recover the bit circled in blue. It is brass, 30mm long, and I think M12. It is threaded along its entire length and slotted in the end (though not sure the slot is original as it’s in bad condition). The lock nut, which is recessed into the casting, is 19mm external.

Netblindpaul has been extremely helpful and found a source of the parts I need. Sadly, they will cost as much as I paid for the saw. So I'm back to thinking about fabrication and MisterFish has very kindly offered to measure his parts - if you'll excuse the expression :oops:

So again, thanks to all. Your assistance is much appreciated.
Phil

Thanks for the update Phil. If when you get the dimensions from Jeff (misterfish) you find you need help with fabrication, just let me know.
I've been known to mess about with metal as well as wood!

Bob

Funnily enough Bob, that was what I told Phil by email!!!
It is not viable for a DIY job to purchase the parts!
Sorry I could not help more really, but I quoted Phil my pricing.
I will however, continue to give any advice I can on here and also find out what I can for him, but, please feel free to advise on the making as you all see fit.

Hello, would someone be able to provide me with exact measurements for the parts the same as what is shown in Kate's photos. I have identified the parts from the user manuals and contacted Wadkin to get the parts u fortunately they have to manufacture them and have quoted an eye watering figure. So if someone can measure there's then I can take my business locally and not get ripped off.

Any help on this much appreciated.

Regards
Ian

Hello, Thanks for offering to help.

The parts I am after are the same as what is shown in the pictures posted by Katellwood earlier in this thread. This pictures here are what I have in the attachments.

The "Mounting point picture attached shows the holes by the spindle.
The "Screw holes at the back" show two 10mm threaded holes.

These are the part numbers and prices quoted by Wadkin, eye watering, hence if someone can measure the pieces I need then I can take the business to a local engineer who i'm sure would be glad to make the parts for me at a fraction of the cost.

The PDF attached shows the parts I need on page. I don't need part No. 144. I have the riving knife and the crown guard.

So as you can see any help much appreciated.

This is the response from Wadkin.

There is no stock of any of these items so everyone will have to be produced from scratch. We offer:-

ITEM 219 – 1 OFF S25 550 : PIVOT BRACKET @ £ 205.00 EACH

ITEM 220 – 1 OFF S25 376 : LOCKNUT @ £ 8.50 EACH

ITEM 221 – 2 OFF K5110403 : CIRCLIP @ £ 0.50 EACH

ITEM 222 – 1 OFF S25 552 : PIVOT PIN @ £ 54.00 EACH

ITEM 223 – 1 OFF S25 363 : LINK PLATE @ £ 60.00 EACH

ITEM 224 – 2 OFF K0525187 : CAPSCREW @ £ 0.20 EACH

ITEM 225 – 1 OFF S25 551 : SLIDE PLATE @ £ 297.00 EACH

ITEM 226 – 2 OFF CLASS C : BUTTON SCREW @ £ 0.20 EACH

ITEM 227 – 1 OFF S25 369 : REAR CLAMP PLATE @ £ 51.00 EACH

ITEM 228 – 1 OFF S25 359 : GUIDE PLATE @ £ 92.00 EACH

ITEM 229 – 1 OFF S25 368 : PRESSURE PLATE @ £ 54.00 EACH

ITEM 230 – 1 OFF S25 370 : FRONT CLAMP PLATE @ £ 75.00 EACH

ITEM 231 – 1 OFF S25 537 : CLAMP SCREW @ £ 19.00 EACH

Attachments

• Mounting point.jpg
    Mounting point.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screws holes at back.jpg
    Screws holes at back.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Parts.png
    Parts.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 66
OK - I'll have a look later and see what I can do. At the moment I am having 'fun' digging post holes for a garden gazebo/seat and a length of fencing under the beady eye of SWMBO's management!

Misterfish

I thought I had all of the measureents (apart from part 144) available as some fair time ago I actually measured the parts (and photographed them) for another member but haven't been able to find the post or PM I sent withall the details so I'll have to start again from scratch. I'll try and get it done asap.

Misterfish

Sorry Ian, I didn't download the dimensions. I've also taken an hour and gone back through my listed postings on this site...33 pages of them...and I can't locate Mr Fish's correspondence to me there either.

If you can figure out a way to cross reference "SammieQ" (I changed it to a more masculine 'y' later) and "Mr Fish" on the same post, you should get it. My bungling computer skills aren't good enough.

Sam

Sam I've also had a look, I can't see anything, it's back to Mister fish for the measurements, would you mind measuring the parts for me.

Kind regards
Ian.

Latest posts

Back