VoIP Phone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Definition: Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is the technology used to transmit voice conversations over an internal or external data network using IP packets (digital form); without loss in functionality, reliability or quality; and in compliance with the International Telecommunications Union specifications. The term is also used to refer to the hardware and software used to carry such calls over the network.
I use plusnet as a IP and they provide free of charge the facility of a broadband phone (calls are 1.5p day and 1p evening) using a SIP signalling system. So you can have a free extra telephone line if you have broadband there are basically two ways. Down load software and use head set or mic and speakers or a usb SIP phone your computer must be on for this, its simple and works ok or buy a VoIP SIP phone mine was £15 on ebay and plug it into your router so use any time its very good and mine has loud speak etc.
There is obviously some settings to put in, the IP provides them (same)for both of the above.
The phone deal i have is free calls evening and weekends and i use the broadband phone in the day i am expecting low telephone bills .
A extra thought my land line number is 01270 ****** the number allocated for VoIP is also 01270****** number

Back