Victorian drum table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished tonight
Carefully cut the leather to size, mixed up some stiff wallpaper paste and pasted it together before rolling it flat
I am pleased with the final result - and I think Dad would have liked it too. Thanks to all the helpful comments.
Stuartpaul I had a look at your pedestal table thread today for the first time - don't know how I missed it before. I understand what you are saying about the strength - but I think mine will be OK. I loved your table and we even had the same triple beading router bit from Axi!
ANyway here are 2 shots of the final finished piece
Thanks for looking
Mark
5489580933_3e7350a7c4.jpg

5490175794_22a67df869.jpg

Mark,

Looks the dogs!! Cracking bit of work, - reckon your Dad would be proud. Mine passed away last year and when I use some of his tools still get a lump in my throat. Having a piece of furniture like that is a great reminder.

I'd leave the drawer without hardwear, - it doesn't need it visually. Unless of course you need it to open the drawer!

Stuart

Thanks ever so for the comments. I agree about the hardware - it is almost a 'secret drawer' without hardware as you have to look quite hard to see there is a drawer there. The missus is pleased, my mother is pleased, I am very happy and I think Dad up there is looking down saying 'not bad, son' - he had a very critical eye!

Latest posts

Back