Very specific hinge needed....I can't find it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the invisible one, even the guy on the phone couldn't find it at first but found it from the part code, I will need to look it up for you, it's at work tho.

Chrispy":3fgl4cx4 said:
Yes the invisible one, even the guy on the phone couldn't find it at first but found it from the part code, I will need to look it up for you, it's at work tho.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Chrispy":1g7u8fxw said:
mrtree you have a PM message.

Thanks Chrispy, the sample arrived this morning....it's the very thing.

It isn't big enough for the top thickness I am having but I can get some made from the sample.

I really appreciate you taking the trouble to source these for me, thank you very much :D

.......and to everyone else who has contributed to this thread :D

...........my next thread will be about steam bending :lol:

Chris

mrtree":28kxnhv6 said:
It isn't big enough for the top thickness I am having but I can get some made from the sample.

I (for one) would find any details of that interesting.

BugBear

bugbear":ov20qn0e said:
mrtree":ov20qn0e said:

I (for one) would find any details of that interesting.

BugBear

Happy to keep you informed of the progress.

I have been in contact with Lasermaster last week. It hasn't progressed yet but I'm going to send them one of the samples with a view to them increasing the length of the "arm" in order for the hinge to take a 33mm top.
The sample hinge is exactly the same as the one in my first post.

"Hi Chris,

every job is worth looking at for us, could you send me a dimensioned sketch
please, it looks like something we can produce for you fairly easily, thanks

Mark James
Lasermaster
01209 821902 "

Just to update those of you who expressed an interest.............sorry to let you all down but I broke my foot a couple of weeks ago over the bank holiday, so I have nothing to report.

Other than that the chap who wanted the table doesn't want to wait another 6 weeks or so.

It's a bad break, in 2 places. I'm supposed to keep my foot raised, not put any pressure on it. When I asked about any exercises I should be doing, the Registrar said I was to get up from the sofa every now & then to go to the loo!!............I'm bored out of my mind :evil:
before plaster.jpg
foot in plaster.jpg

Attachments

• before plaster.jpg
    before plaster.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 10
  • foot in plaster.jpg
    foot in plaster.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 10
Back