Bullnose on concave edge, router or spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to put a full bullnose on a roughly 800mm long, 24mm thick piece of timber, except the edge is slightly concave so I can't use the straight fence on the router table or spindle moulder. I expected to use a template but didn't think about how until I had the boards ready. I don't have a ring fence for my small Scheppach spindle moulder and can't come up with a simple way of doing it. I could just use a round-over bit with a bearing but I'm not sure how nice a bullnose I will get when I flip the board to do the second cut.

It is a leg for a desk shaped approximately as shown by the template image. I need to bullnose the r/h side.

Attachments

• desk leg templ..jpg
    desk leg templ..jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 0
You just need to pack out the fences enough, both sides of the cutter block, to make them work like a ring fence, albeit a large diameter.
Either tilt the fences or add packing to the faces.

Use a piece of scrap timber the same thickness to set up your round over bit so you get to see what the finished bullnose will look like on your desk leg.

Latest posts

Back