Vertical lift cupboard doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul200

Established Member
Reaction score
Wondered if anyone had experience of vertical lift mechanisms for kitchen cupboard doors?

I'm at the planning stage for our new kitchen and due to space restrictions need to have two cupboard doors - one above the other - lift up vertically. The doors will be surface mounted (overlay?) type, 60cm wide and approx. 80cm high, although the dimensions could change - very early days!

I'm really after advice/recommendations on makes and models, tips on installation, warnings not to use them at all! Anything.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Could you clarify? Do you want them to slide upwards? Or hinge out and up? Do you want them to stay in place until they're closed, or just be held open?

Do you have a model of the kitchen or a photo we could see?

MattRoberts":2440tl5a said:
Could you clarify? Do you want them to slide upwards? Or hinge out and up? Do you want them to stay in place until they're closed, or just be held open?

Do you have a model of the kitchen or a photo we could see?

Hi Matt

This is the sort of thing I had in mind.
maxresdefault.jpg

The kitchen is still being built and this unit would be the end of a run of floor to ceiling units where they meet the worktop in a corner. The idea is to build the unit over the worktop so that heavy appliances (like SWMBO's big mixer that she creates wonderful cakes with!) can be slid out on the worktop rather than lifted. We're having no wall units and the ceiling will be boarded up to the ridge - so our task lighting for the worktop will be via wall lights, one of which will obstruct a conventionally hinged door.

Here's a rough idea of the kitchen layout - the unit concerned will be in the top left corner.
2015 Kitchen Extension Draft1.jpg

We don't like tambour doors. I originally thought of using a scaled down sash window mechanism and then discovered these lift kits. I'm pretty sure they'll solve our problem - just after more info from people who've used them really.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 2015 Kitchen Extension Draft1.jpg
    2015 Kitchen Extension Draft1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi Paul,

I was also going to recommend Blum. They're a little pricier than others but their stuff is like festool tools, it just works brilliantly.

Latest posts

Back