Veritas® Honing Guide Mk.XXXXII

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHoman":40nzztn3 said:
I understand it is a joke, but can't help but think that they were actually trying to make a jig for planer-blades and when it didn't prove practical, made light of it for April 1!
-Andy
Not when you se the others from previous years - quite a hoot :)

AHoman":x1evvugd said:
Mirboo":x1evvugd said:
Check out the new offering from Lee Valley. The Veritas® Honing Guide Mk.XXXXII. :wink:
I understand it is a joke, but can't help but think that they were actually trying to make a jig for planer-blades and when it didn't prove practical, made light of it for April 1!
-Andy
Perhaps, Andrew. But they've had a honing jig for planer blades for a while...

Still like the Dodeca-gauge the best.

dodeca1.jpg

Take care, Mike

He.....been waiting for the Lee Valley Aprils Fool. Nice one Rob, so tangible, yet...............
Love the HHGTTG theme, too,
Philly :lol:

The worrying thing is these AFD tools exist - I couldn't resist trying the weight of the Dodeca-gauge when Rob brought it over for the Axminster show and it's definitely one gauge you don't need to apply any pressure to to make a mark. They've got way too much time on their hands... Must admit I like the first LA Jack thick blade best, but it almost backfired in that initially people weren't sure if the jack itself was the April Fool. #-o Even this year there's some confusion over whether the "Rimroller" isn't the AFD (it's not, but it could have been!)

In the same vein, how about the Mock III?

Cheers, Alf

Now the Rimroller would have been really useful - it's too bad they don't do the same promotions over here! I really miss those 'Large Coffee - double Cream' orders (with the Bagel and Cream Cheese). One of the other good things about Canada :wink:

Roger":1qoutl3v said:
Not when you se the others from previous years - quite a hoot :)

I _had_ seen them, which is why I found the current one to be sub-par -- the older jokes were funnier, in my opinion. I felt compelled to forward a link to friends of the previous years' jokes, but this one fell flat. Just one person's opinion!
-Andy

Alf":f74y44lk said:
The worrying thing is these AFD tools exist ....

I was wondering whether they actually manufactured them or just used digitally doctored photos (e.g. Photoshop). It would cost a bit to make each custom example wouldn't it?

Mirboo":3fliv20v said:
Alf":3fliv20v said:
The worrying thing is these AFD tools exist ....

I was wondering whether they actually manufactured them or just used digitally doctored photos (e.g. Photoshop). It would cost a bit to make each custom example wouldn't it?

They do exist. IIRC, in order to make it to the AFD list the tool must physically exist, and work as claimed.

DC

Well if that gauge was Photoshopped it must be a new 3D version 'cos it was very realistic when I picked it up... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":eaar848n said:
Well if that gauge was Photoshopped it must be a new 3D version 'cos it was very realistic when I picked it up... :lol:

now your just bragging :twisted:

and i'm jealous 8-[ :oops: :(

was there any talk of some type of gauge (for real) that will scribe both sides of a mortise at once. ie. the tite-mark mortise gauge attachments things :roll:

just wondering

sparky

ps. sorry for my very technical language :roll:

Back