Van through car wash?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best ask the people operating the machinery.

We're getting the company van signwritten/wrapped on Monday, and one concern I have still is that the logos will get damaged by a carwash. The "signwriter" is reassuring, but even so it's a concern - the whole thing is heading for £1000, when you take everything into account.

Ours is a VW Caddy, not Transit-sized though, a bit smaller. It wil go through a carwash.

I think the Vito may be too big, even though it looks narrower than a transit - might depend on the configuration. Ask them.

There are a few round here that wash 'by hand,' using steam lances and gentle jet washing - they get good results, and they're not too slow.

Get a hand wash done and ask them not to use pressure washers or least not on signage if you have it.

they wont take my discovery in my local one. i would just go to the hand wash one

When business was slack I got a job as a valeter with a Mercedes dealer and put Vitos through the car wash all the time.

Bill

Hi,I even saw speciall pressure washer for Vito. You may use 2400-3000 psi pressure washer and I’m sure it will work fine.Just make sure you use a car washing nozzle, otherwise you'll be stripping the poor thing bare! And spray from a distance, not fewer than 18 inches. Don’t just use a hose. Enough pressure will spray your paint off AND also don’t use the brushes as they will scratch your paint.

I have a VW Transporter T5. Use my local Sainsbury car wash but make sure I fold the wing mirrors back. The advantage is that it does an under chassis wash which you cannot do by hand. Check whether your van will fit between the guide rails.

Latest posts

Back