Vacuum adaptors for hand power tools, source from where?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter99

Established Member
Reaction score
I've a couple of vacs I use for fine dust extracting, one has a larger bore pipe, is industrial and stays in the workshop and I use a Henry when on site for vaccing up. I need to sort out some adaptors, whether stepped or not for them.

Main priority is to get some adaptors for the Henry to fit various hand power tools and scms etc whilst working on site so can buy two or three different sized adaptors for the tool end or a few stepped ones and cut to different sizes.

But I'm having a b****r of a time sourcing them. It's always the little things that take the time isn't it.

Anyone have experience of connecting Henry vacs up like this?
Any recommendations of where to purchase adaptors at sensible prices for it?

And finally any 'one stop shop' / reasonably priced outlets for diferent sized adapors fitting the larger hoses (under 4") for the other vac, this isn't a priority at the moment though, the Henry above is.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Oops, should have posted under buying advice / tools, sorry, could a mod move it please?

Don't know if it will help you specifically, but i usually use a piece of innertube from a bicycle, with two of those openable strips for keeping it all fastened whenever i have trouble attaching stuff. On my Mirka abranet sanding block i use a longer piece of tube doubled up which makes the size of the outlet tight enough for direct use with my Alto vacuum.

Has anyone used the Heat Shrink Tubes that Axminster sell?

There is the one negative review but, otherwise, they seem like they may be quite good... It's probably cheaper to buy one longer length from another source, if several are required.

Latest posts

Back