Vac with power take off

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
My crappy earlex has packed up after not a lot of use (motor runs for 2 seconds and cuts out)
and i want to get vac that will do the job well for a reasonable amount of money.

all suggestions welcome :)

Mike

I have recently bought a nilfisk alto and found it pretty good, not as good as my fessy mind. But it works well enough, I've been using it for chases and it coped ok-ish I still needed a mask, but it got most of the fine brick dust.

Got the bigger Nilfisk that has a self cleaning filter and rate it highly.

Bought it after a suggestion on here.

Hamburglar

RogerP":3d939c66 said:
Paul Chapman":3d939c66 said:
I've got the Fein Dustex 40. Excellent machine. Power take-off for tools up to 2000w and you can use it without bags, which keeps the running costs down http://v1.fein.de/corp/uk/en/products/catalogue.php

Cheers :wink:

Paul
Looks excellent - how noisy is it?

Not sure how to measure the noise level :? It's not as noisy as some vacuums I've used.

Paul

Paul Chapman":qt2n7eg7 said:
RogerP":qt2n7eg7 said:
Paul Chapman":qt2n7eg7 said:
I've got the Fein Dustex 40. Excellent machine. Power take-off for tools up to 2000w and you can use it without bags, which keeps the running costs down http://v1.fein.de/corp/uk/en/products/catalogue.php

Paul
Looks excellent - how noisy is it?

Not sure how to measure the noise level :? It's not as noisy as some vacuums I've used.

Paul

Thanks Paul, if it were as noisy as an old Fein I had you'd know :)

I think they recognised the problem and quietened down later models.

Rutlands £250 -15% = £212.50 - with free delivery :)

hamburglar":2qw4i68h said:
Got the bigger Nilfisk that has a self cleaning filter and rate it highly.

Bought it after a suggestion on here.

Hamburglar

Cant seem to find a larger one! any idea where I can buy one?

thanks

Mike

Just found it in argos for same price as the smaller one in screwfix!

but couldn't resist the offer of the Alto aero 25-21 @ £81.00 !!! £50 cheaper than at screwfix!

thanks all :D

Oh Dear!

just noticed that its not quite the same code and that it doesn't have the power take off!!! :oops:

A tip I picked up these forums is that you can use a power saver adapter in place of a power take off.
On that advice I purchased (dare I say) an Earlex vac on clearence at Asda for £10 and the power saver socket for £9.95 and so far the set up works well.
Of cause the power saver adapter will work on any make of vac.

powertools":20bvczc9 said:
A tip I picked up these forums is that you can use a power saver adapter in place of a power take off.
On that advice I purchased (dare I say) an Earlex vac on clearence at Asda for £10 and the power saver socket for £9.95 and so far the set up works well.

:D
what a bwilliant idea lol

I have the Trend T30AF and it's a great machine.

It comes with a good long power cable and 5 metre vacuum hose, you can use it bagless and it has a 2kw power take-off with run-on.

Can't fault it and would thoroughly recommend it.

mpooley":1g800vrv said:
powertools":1g800vrv said:

:D
what a bwilliant idea lol
Just to point out that this was not my idea but came from another forum member who should get the credit for a great money saving idea that works (at least for him and me)

I have both a Festool Midi and a Hitachi. I love them both for different reasons. But if I really had to choose between the two, you'd be surprised that I'd choose the Hitachi.
S

Latest posts

Back