used table saw - which one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if they do a brochure but Laguna have a bunch of videos of it on there website. It's the same saw but without the chamfered sides. I'll try and sort out a review and some pics asap. Currently building my new workshop (40' x 11') so bit busy right now but it'll get there. :lol:

fatthumb":13kjbo5r said:
Not sure if they do a brochure but Laguna have a bunch of videos of it on there website. It's the same saw but without the chamfered sides. I'll try and sort out a review and some pics asap. Currently building my new workshop (40' x 11') so bit busy right now but it'll get there. :lol:

can you get laguna in the uk? or is deft the uk version?
i am a little confused!

hay any photos of the shop you building?

cheers

You can buy a used Startrite for considerably less and upgrade or make your own higher quality fence later. That said, the fence that comes with a startrite, if not abused is not a bad fence. I only put a homemade Biesemeyer-style fence on so that I could extend the rails to get a 50" rip.

As for d*** blades :twisted: , Startrites (at least the"Tilt-Arbor" models)can take up to a 16mm blade. With a very simple modification (DM me if you wish) it can take a full inch set of blades. (The mod does not require any cutting or grinding of metal, nor does it require removal or adding on of any fixed parts.

Brad

wrightclan":1xopb8xl said:
You can buy a used Startrite for considerably less and upgrade or make your own higher quality fence later. That said, the fence that comes with a startrite, if not abused is not a bad fence. I only put a homemade Biesemeyer-style fence on so that I could extend the rails to get a 50" rip.

As for d*** blades :twisted: , Startrites (at least the"Tilt-Arbor" models)can take up to a 16mm blade. With a very simple modification (DM me if you wish) it can take a full inch set of blades. (The mod does not require any cutting or grinding of metal, nor does it require removal or adding on of any fixed parts.

Brad

thanks brad

but i have a set of dados with a 30 mm bore, i really don't wanna swap if i can help it,

i have looked at startrite and i do like what i see, only certian ones are fitted with a 30mm arbour, most if not all are, 15mm or 5/8"

i would like to know the mod just in case post it here with pics?

cheers ric

ciscoeuk":35xojj4r said:
wrightclan":35xojj4r said:

Brad

thanks brad

but i have a set of dados with a 30 mm bore, i really don't wanna swap if i can help it,

i have looked at startrite and i do like what i see, only certian ones are fitted with a 30mm arbour, most if not all are, 15mm or 5/8"

i would like to know the mod just in case post it here with pics?

cheers ric

Yeah, mine is a 16mm or 5/8" arbour. You have to remove the loose backing flange to use any dado. When you do that it exposes 5/8" (16mm) of smooth arbor. I believe it is designed that way to prevent you using a dado any wider than 16mm (the EU standard at the time of manufacture.) Then there is a groove in the arbor about 3 mm wide before the threads start. To prevent one of the chippers/blades from being off -center at this point, I filled the groove with some hard epoxy (JB Weld) and carefully filed it down to flush with the smooth portion of the the arbour. (I masked off the threads, to prevent filling the threads with epoxy.)The threaded portion is already the same diameter, so now you have a continuous 5/8" diameter for the full length of the arbour.

Up to about 3/4" of dado width, and you can use the factory-supplied outer flange. If you want to go up to 1" width, you would need to make/obtain a thinner flange/large washer.

Hope that's clear.

Brad

Back