urgent please. stirling board and pink grip comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Has anyone used Pink Grip with Stirling board??? Or do you have any major opinion of pink grip?

I'm still trying to tie down this deal to make several hundred crates. We normally use PU adhesive, but I'm trying to cut costs a bit, and pink grip seems like it would work.
basically we staple some strips of stirling board to the edges of the main stirling board sheets and use glue to actually give strength.

I have a meeting 10am Weds morning to try and finalise deal and at a saving of about £2.50 per crate that is a lot on 400 crates.

woody

Just noticed this mate,sorry.

Not sure if using pink grip will end up saving you money on this job,it's good gear but to use it properly you need to either get a friction/rub joint going with it or break the joint after you've pushed the piece on & give it a few seconds before re-fixing it,you need to break that "protective film" that surrounds the adhesive when it comes out of the nozzle.

If you don't do either of the above then the stuff's nigh on useless as an adhesive.

Not sure if it's going to be the cheaper then PU to use but you need to weigh up the applications of both as well. One good thing about pinkgrip is that at least with a rub joint the two pieces will stay together while you're getting your mechanical fixings ready.(Staples in this case)

Hope some of this helps ?

Steve, thanks for that.
I have decided to go with PU as usual now, after carrying out some tests early Weds morning. After 3 hours the pinkgrip held well, but not as good as PU.
The cost saving would in fact have been very good. (I get Pinkgrip at 1.30 +vat and PU at 3.75+vat) So a near £2.50 saving per tube on about 300 tubes! But I do not want to take the risk.
The crates will contain expensive aircraft seats (ironic that, aircraft seats going by air freight :? )and for the extra 2.50 ...

Just hope I get the job now. Might find out tomorrow!

Woody

Back