Urgent - Help needed with telephone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianD

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone advise?

I recieved and emergency call on my landline. My son did not ask for a number from the person - so I cannot call back.

However, their number is on the phone and the phone has not be used.

How do I "callback" their number so as to speak to them.

Thx

Hi Brian, you don't say what sort of emergency so this might be misplaced sceptism.. please be aware that there are various scams operated where when you dial 1471-3 after receiving an emergency call you get connected to a premium rate line at £25.00 a minute or similar

Regards Tom

Smudger":pdx85r9c said:
I've heard of that, but I thought the OP said that he knew the caller?

Certainly I never use 14713 any more. Too risky.

He just says the number is on the phone but if he is unsure about things like 1471 perhaps he wont recognize a premium rate number?

I heard of a particularly cruel variant where you get a call and all you hear is uncontrollable sobbing followed by a phrase like help me then the phone cuts off suddenly. So of course you ring back incase its your daughter, niece, family friend and whammo big bill time.

Regards Tom

BrianD":2pakp573 said:
However, their number is on the phone and the phone has not be used.

How do I "callback" their number so as to speak to them.
Not clear what you are actually wanting here - you say their number is on the phone. So either you can see it or it is available from the 1471 number. As stated if you dial 1471 then press 3 you should get connected ...But...
Please check the number first before calling as it could easily be a scam - numbers beginning 070 or 090 are suspect as they can lead to premium rate calls or even market surveys. If it was a true emergency call from someone you know then surely a name would have been given in the first call which you may recognise.

Cheers :D
Tony

just dial 1471 and dial the number yourself then if you want to. I think you get charged 50p extra anyway even if is not a premium number if you add the 3

Back