Update on new AW10BSB2 tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Well, after a few days of play I can report a few more things about this saw.
I decided to add the side table on the left rather than the sliding table for now - meant a huge garage clearout which was actually quite enjoyable (especially the huge space I now have :D )

The left side table gives me an additional 300mm of working area (more than the xcalibre :wink: :lol: )

I made loads of cuts with the mitre gauge and quite a few with the fence and I can only say that I am more impressed as the days pass. This is a very different world to the Kity, and I was very impressed with that.
The cuts simply feel more 'accurate' and precise. the mitre cuts are spot on and I feel more confident when taking them. The repeatability is astonishing from fence and mitre. I cut a few pieces using the scale on the fence and then later reset for another cut and it was dead-on. Not close.

I suspect my whole methods of work will change with this saw

Think I'll grow a beard and buy a new shirt :lol: :lol: :wink:

The only other thing I have seen that disappointed a little is the small size of the fine adjuster knob on the fence is a little too small. One would have more control with one 2-3 times larger - might just make a new one

** the left side table was slightly bowed along its length by maybe 0.5mm at each end. I simply bolted the two middle fixings with the centre part level with the main table. I then nipped the two outer bolts, placed an offcut on it and tapped down until the ends were level. Tightened all bolts and it is dead flat.

Saw_with_Table.jpg

Glad you're happy with your saw, Tony!
You certainly can't beat a reliable, accurate table saw - it has transformed my woodworking. :D
Cheers
Philly :D

I just hit the slope and ordered mine today ... Arghhhhhhh why did nobody warn me ](*,)

All your fault for such a good report :wink:

OH NO

I did not know you had to name your saw :shock:
Then again it will be easy to name mine .... Tony Tablesaw sounds good enough :D Thanks again Tony :eek:ccasion5:

Fizzy":1g402hn1 said:
I just hit the slope and ordered mine today ... Arghhhhhhh why did nobody warn me ](*,)

All your fault for such a good report :wink:

If you had browsed before doing anything you would have seen the warnings everywhere. But no, you fell under the spell of the dreaded ALF :)

Dom,
Thats not fair; there are load of things she would recommend buying before a table saw. :D :D

If you had browsed before doing anything you would have seen the warnings everywhere. But no, you fell under the spell of the dreaded ALF

What you pushing them down the tablesaurs slope Alf?
Well, a good gosh 8) :wink:

Tony, nice saw and review.

SDP

Tony,

Do you have it on wheels? Are they included or do Axminster do them separately?

I must also admit that I am about to order one based on your review - I will tossing up between a SIP and an Excalibur and than along you came!!

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Sorry to bring this post back to the top but I just thought it might be a bit of help to some folk.
I just got a plug fitted on my Axminster and went for a start up :mrgreen: finger poised on the start button just waiting for the hum of this wee beauty. Pressed the button and all I got was a small puff of smoke coming from about the NVR switch :shock: I then checked the MCB and it had tripped so it looks like a normal 13amp plug on my ring circuit is just not happening ](*,)
So a 16amp plug and socket was fitted and a new 16amp MCB into the spare slot in the CU with a small bit of wiring and I was ready again.
This time not a problem and it starts very very quietly and is a dream to use :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just need to get the workshop into some order now as I bought some plasterboard and insulation to do the roof and need to get some type of stuff to do the same to the garage main door (any info welcome for this)

John McM":fv9viv93 said:
Thanks for the review Tony. 2 things I forgot to ask. Is the table flat ? and are wheels included or extra.
Regards
John

Wheels are not included, it is a machine base.

Table flat? I don't know and don't care - it cuts perfectly, so it's flat enough for me :wink:

Fizzy, is yours the exact same model??

If so, it most definitely should not need a 16A supply, the motor is only 2.2kW and the load at startup is small as it only spins a light blade and a small gearing ratio on the belt, so start up current is small.

Also, smoke from the NVR switch does not mean that the 13A supply is inadequate, it means the saw is faulty!!!

Mine has been used a lot since I got it and is connected to a normal 13A plug

It was due to it tripping the MCB that I went to 16amp. Since then I have tried it on and off a lot of times and even put a few bits through it and it seems fine. I might just have been unlucky 1st time ..... but it is OK now so thats the way its staying :wink:

Just to add .... I had spun the blade a few times to make sure it was not stuck before my 1st try and looked at everything as I would be a bit careful of things that "bite" :lol:
I will just keep checking as I go along and hopefully it will not fail me. I had a Ferm 2000kw before but had only used it to build the gates and bench I use and it always started so don't know why 2200kw would not function when it should on a 13amp plug :?: but as I say all seems well now [-o<

Back