unusual stanley blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I brought this many years ago and I always thought it was an elegant looking thing. had a selection of blades available. the only other one I've ever seen is at Kelham Island in the product development bit I think.

Attachments

• 20230914_093219.jpg
    20230914_093219.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230914_180936.jpg
    20230914_180936.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Yes. It was a commonly available model in the 70's.
The black wheel was just an oversized thumbscrew holding the two halves of the aluminium handle together. You had to split the knife to change the blade just like the other styles of Stanley knife that used a slotted screw.
The same blades were available as a disposable knife with a red plastic moulded handle.

There is a fold out Stanley knife aswell with he same blades. Much prefer it to the folding or sliding big standard Stanley blade knives.

I seemingly finished buying tools quite a few years ago. (Unfortuneatly my tool buying from previous years has given me enough for several lifetimes!) I always think I have a decent eye for tools even if like this one there a bit esoteric.

For instance compare the stanley to the olfa. I find the stanley to be a beautiful design I especially love the huge thumbturn.

Latest posts

Back