union graduate bowl lathe user manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildewood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya

I have a union graduate bowl lathe (single phase) can anyone direct me to a user manual or give me the basic how to change the chuck / face plate - lock the spindle - which way to lock the pulley / belt any other basic user stuff - I don't want to force anything & only have experience with my ML8. #-o
Any help would be great thanx again to everyone in adbvance

Hah,
That is the very reason I joined the forum. I have a Myford ML8 then bought a graduatd bowl lathe and wanted a manual.
There is one on the web but I can't find the link. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a pdf of the manual. I think it is a very nice piece of kit.

K

Edit - in the meantime, the spindle has two flats and you can use a spanner on these to lock the spindle. The inboard has a 1 1/2 x 6 tpi right hand thread, the outboard is the same but left hand. This is really useful because you can get a chuck with left and right hand threads so you don't need a different chuck or an insert.

K

Latest posts

Back