Under table extraction AGS 10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddy Roxburgh

Established Member
Reaction score
This week I intend to finally deal with the dust extraction from my AGS10. In this thread post1207881.html#p1207881 there are two very different approaches. One is to enclose the bottom of the saw and have a ramp for the dust and then a 4" outlet. presumably to a HVLP extractor, the other is a cowl around the blade and a hose to a HPLV extractor. I cannot decide which route to go down, both seem effective. I have both types of extractor, I suppose I prefer to use the HVLP extactor because it has bigger bags and is quieter, but hey I've got ear defenders.
So my question is what have other AGS10 owners done? What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks, Paddy

I had an AGS 10 for 15 years and struggled with dust extraction. I modified the chip deflector an attached the hoze at that point. The problem is the spac is quite limited and it used to jam with slivers. Trying to extract the whole area would overcome this but my single phase non original motor was sticking out making blanking off more difficult. Also if extracting the whole area then a lot of air flow is not drawing material from the blade but is drawing through all the other openings.
It is quite easy to slot the crown guard and fit a 50mm overhead extraction.
Ian

Back