Unabashed gloat.... (and an apology).

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellsWood

Established Member
Reaction score
So, having wrecked my beloved M42 bandsaw blade on a screwfix Turbogold screw, I popped down to Axminster in Bobbing yesterday afternoon for a replacement.
Since I had made the journey it seemed churlish not to grab a couple of other things I needed to justify the petrol. I came a way with a pair of these, one of these..

and a little something extra, here's a clue

dsc0159q.jpg

can you guess what it is yet?

I've read the post twice - and I don't see the apology anywhere!

buahahaha :lol

Maybe the apology should be from me for giving the final tip over the edge? :wink:

the apology comes after the reveal, it'll all make sense.

Aled's clearly no stranger to those famous blue boxes.

come out come out wherever you are
dsc0162sm.jpg

All together now: oooh, aaah
dsc0164v.jpg

the apology is to Philly, because i came away from Waka's last weekend fully intending to get him to make me one of his. In the end though I needed it pronto, and since they had one in stock I was obliged to have a fondle :oops: . Once I'd held it the deal was done, it just felt so right in my hand the plastic practically leapt out of my wallet of it's own accord.
Sorry Philly, maybe next time. Hmm.... those raised panels won't cut themselves, I'm thinking moving fillister?.. skew rebate?

Ah, it makes sense now. There was I thinking the apology would be for the egregious gloating.

you'll never cut loose tenons with one of those!

woodbloke":3hrhklyn said:
Mark - youv'e obviously been inspired by Waka's collection :wink: :lol: - Rob

Yes these bashes along with shows like cressing Temple do tend to add somewhat to one's impetus down the slope, don't they :roll:

Ordered your Domino yet?

WellsWood":2zd0jgcs said:
woodbloke":2zd0jgcs said:

Yes these bashes along with shows like cressing Temple do tend to add somewhat to one's impetus down the slope, don't they :roll:

Ordered your Domino yet?
There'll be no stopping you now though...you'll get plenty of help here :lol: :lol: - Rob

Sadly Rob, I don't need much help 8-[ , as Tom will I'm sure be more than happy to attest to.

(I notice you didn't answer my question.)

WellsWood":1ky32ib1 said:
woodbloke":1ky32ib1 said:

Ordered your Domino yet?
Mark - I've become Domino resistant for the time being 8-[ until such time as I give into the impulse to have one (breaking strain of a Kit-Kat here) or a suitable job comes along where it's justified or enough surplus folding become available or I can get hold of a decent second hand one :cry:
...so for the foreseeable future I'll be Dominoless - Rob

Hi Mark, that looks like a fine plane. Im really taken with Clifftons, really well designed and executed.

WellsWood":2ycuzm7c said:
woodbloke":2ycuzm7c said:

Ordered your Domino yet?

It was good to talk with you briefly at Cressing Temple. I very nearly left with a few more planes too! :D

Philly":2cbgeves said:
Hah! No worries, Mark. I'll always be here, ready and waiting...... :wink: :lol:
Enjoy,
Philly :D

Tell me more!. Do you make custom planes?. Looking at Bridge City Toolworks Planes as they look lovely and something I would cherish.

Mreagleeyes":29n7cnd3 said:
Philly":29n7cnd3 said:
Hah! No worries, Mark. I'll always be here, ready and waiting...... :wink: :lol:
Enjoy,

Tell me more!. Do you make custom planes?. Looking at Bridge City Toolworks Planes as they look lovely and something I would cherish.
For the uninformed amongst us :lol: ...see here - Rob

woodbloke":2mvv0y5k said:
Mreagleeyes":2mvv0y5k said:
Philly":2mvv0y5k said:
Enjoy,

For the uninformed amongst us :lol: ...see here - Rob

Uninformed being me. I'll have a look.

Back