UKWorkshop getting on the YouTube bandwagon?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Alf! Love the voice over with parrots directing too!
Makes my two demos on sharpening look like a right faff ;).
Where do you get a hand cranked grinder like that? Read in one of Krenov's books I think about their advantages (hard to overheat the blade for one). But never seen them - even second hand.
I'm really glad and impressed you managed it with an audio-less digicam - I'm sure most people on the group have at least that.

Steve - thanks for the explanation - I've been meaning to make something like those for my router table - you've pursuaded me to move it up my todo list - with a few improvements too!

Cheers

Gidon

Gidon, hand cranked grinders seem to come in waves. I can go for a year and more and not see one, then literally trip over 3 or 4 at one car boot. Getting a good one, and specifically one that can take a 6" wheel is the tricky thing. I'll keep an eye out if I know there's demand. :D

Paul you won't believe it but I'm so immune to those birds now I didn't even hear the din they were making until I played it back. #-o The raucous screeches are "the other one" with a tuneful contribution near the end that's definitely Bertie. Could be wrong though - as soon as it plays they join in with themselves so it's hard to hear who's who or when.

Cheers, Alf

Very good ALF. You make it look so simple. One day I'll have to have you show me in person how it's done. You can demonstrate on one of my irons. :D

gidon":3mugjyhq said:
Where do you get a hand cranked grinder like that?

Hi Gidon and thanks for the videos. It is still possible to get the hand cranked grinders new in darkest africa 8) I'm not there at the moment so I'm not sure what size wheel they take but from memory they aren't too expensive. I can find out if you are interested and could maybe bring one to the UK next time I travel.

Cheers,

Steve

Very nice Alf,

I really want to say they make 'lectric ones as well, but am too impressed with your skill. Well done

Steve, interesting, never seen the pointy sticky thingy, will definitely make one.

Dom

Steve, Alf
Very kind of you both. I'm not so desperate for one - but thank you. And there's a chap in my local town's market who could prolly get one in if I asked him. Making a complete mess of my marking knife on the electric grinder yesterday has put me off grinders all together anyway!
Cheers
Gidon

John
Thank you. I take it that's one sale then? Excellent, one down 1999 to go to break even, I reckon... :?

Slimjim81":3qydv516 said:
Nice shirt BTW :sick: :wink:

That shirt has caused me more problems than a little. It's difficult to find the right place for the mic, and, although it's quite snug really (I'm a fat old geezer these days) it looks baggy, and I just know I'm going to get complaints about loose sleeves in the workshop. Right now I need encouragement not castigation, as it's getting wearing, so thank you very much both!

PS Anyone know where I can get a new multi-coloured rugby shirt from that doesn't have a sponsor splashed all over it?

Steve I missed your post - great vids - thanks for taking the time!
I too really like that router push stick - I think I'll be having a go at one very shortly!
Cheers
Gidon

Hi Steve,

I missed those as well :roll: I thought the one for marking the centre lines for the biscuit and Domino jointers was brilliant. Thanks :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I also missed S Maskery videos as well.
Mods
What the chances of having a sticky with all the links of these excellent clips of UKW forum members video tips with just links and no comments?

Maybe we should start a UKWorkshop podcast and register with itunes, that way we can all stay synchronised if a new member adds one of their videos.

All the videos are great :D =D>

I'm planning to list/link to them on the new version of UKW so hopefully we'll have our own 'video' section with RSS updates..

Back