UK Workshop Merchandise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lee did you not say you had a contact who can get the wood grain mugs?

At any rate I think we've made a break through.

I asked Nick Gibbs about a joint venture to have both logos on the mug. The only benefit to the forum\us is that the bigger order should drive down the costs. There will be no profit involved, so it won't be benefiting the running of the forum, as such. It will also make things easier with someone like Nick making the order as opposed to myself.

Now, this venture is completely optional. If the majority here are against, then we'll do it on our own with just the UK logo on the side. This was my idea, not Nicks.

You can post here if you are for or against or PM me if you don't want to air your opinion publicly.

We're nearing a unit cost, I'll give you that as soon as I've haggled it out with the suppliers. As with the badges, I'll quote a price including postage.

If it'll bring the costs down and save me buying two mugs :wink: then, yep, I'm all for it!

the guy I spoke to had contact in China but we'd be looking at 500+ quantity to warrant having them shipped over from Chinland.

However, I have a company in Cornwall I use a lot and he's looking into it. He can do the standard pot mug or plastic mugs, fully printed if we want them.

To save me PM'ing each mod: If one of you have a telephone number for Charley or a way to contact him directly. Can you now put this idea to him. I need his OK both on the personalised mug and a possible link up between Nick and UKW. I've PM'd him weeks ago but he's not read it (and he's posted on the forum since).

wizer":1aijb8x5 said:
Lee did you not say you had a contact who can get the wood grain mugs?

At any rate I think we've made a break through.

I asked Nick Gibbs about a joint venture to have both logos on the mug. The only benefit to the forum\us is that the bigger order should drive down the costs. There will be no profit involved, so it won't be benefiting the running of the forum, as such. It will also make things easier with someone like Nick making the order as opposed to myself.

Now, this venture is completely optional. If the majority here are against, then we'll do it on our own with just the UK logo on the side. This was my idea, not Nicks.

You can post here if you are for or against or PM me if you don't want to air your opinion publicly.

We're nearing a unit cost, I'll give you that as soon as I've haggled it out with the suppliers. As with the badges, I'll quote a price including postage.

I personally have no problem with Nicks logo on one side and UK Workshop on the other. A joint venture like this can only benefit us all and hopefully introduce the forum to new members.
Nick could probably order a larger amount and so get us a better price.

Thanks to both Tom and Nick for looking into this for us.

Cheers

Mike

a rough knock up in photo shop...

mug1-1.jpg

That looks terrible Lee :lol:

I have some artwork for this, don't worry.

wizer":1zkvl4il said:
To save me PM'ing each mod: If one of you have a telephone number for Charley or a way to contact him directly. Can you now put this idea to him. I need his OK both on the personalised mug and a possible link up between Nick and UKW. I've PM'd him weeks ago but he's not read it (and he's posted on the forum since).

Charley is unavailable at present and has passed responsibility for such requests to the mod team.
At present we are looking at this and until we have discussed the issues in full we cannot sanction the use of the UKW logo on anything other than the previously permitted badges. The same applies to anything that connects UKW with another entity (in this case Nick Gibbs' magazine).
I don't mean sound too zealous but I'm sure you all understand the reasons behind our thinking.

Thanks to Tom for organising this. I only offered to help because I thought the Forum might need a company to put up the initial cost. Then I thought there might be something nice about joining forces, but realised from the outset that it might undermine the independence of the Forum. That wasn't my intention, rather 'Hands Across the Ocean' between like-minded souls.

I certainly don't want to cause any embarrassment or difficulty.

Cheers

Nick

I guess I do understand Noel and the Mod's position on this. You can't have people setting up financial transactions in the name of someone else's business. As I've commented elsewhere today, it's a shame these things can't be run properly by the owner of the site. But if he wants to distance himself from the forum\website he created then none of us have a say in that. It's his business and this is not a democratic society.

If you do still want a wood grain mug then all may not be lost. More info as I have it, hold tight.

I didn't read Noel's post as saying it wouldn't happen, but rather that there are things that the mods need to consider before making a decision one way or another.

yep this is on hold until we have an official nod

Nice try wizer sorry to hear it is a real no go..
after all you got the badges up and running..
You still have my support even if it is of little help.. :lol:
alex

Just because it needs to be discussed by the mods doesn't mean it's a no go - it just means that it needs the agreement of a few people rather than just Charlie.
I can see Nick's point about it being easier with a company putting up the money to actually get the things.

I for one would be more than happy to pay upfront if that's what's needed.

Latest posts

Back