Typical Typical Typical

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've loads of sanding of hardwood to do, and ordered in a pile of 120g discs, and ive a pile of 180g festool discs ready for the next step, and on starting the damn pad has come off the sander :LOL: :LOL: which is bloody typical.

Festool ets125mm eq, so a replacement will be about 50 quid.
Never rains but it pours. But its putting another week on starting that job.

Sorry, just a casting eyes to heaven and throwing up the arms type of thread :LOL:

super glue and masking tape are your friends at moments like this

Funny, i was loking at that option lol. The foam bit is the part thats torn loose, rather than the screwed on mount for the whole pad, and i thought maybe some double sided sticky tape would glue it back in place as its that interface that seems to have let go. I can see the foam part of the pad is glued on and it looks llike double sided tape is what was used.
Unfortunately its riped off some of the foam, so even taped back on theres going to be areas the tape isnt going to supply much grip[.

But thanks for the post, was thinking the same :cool:

CasualDIY on YouTube had some stuff about alternative pads or sanders - can't remember the details but worth a look for any tips/savings

Just tried resticking it with double sided tape but that failed within 5 minutes. So looks like its an entire new pad :(. But that said, at least it will be spot on and not fail during its coming work.

CasualDIY on YouTube had some stuff about alternative pads or sanders - can't remember the details but worth a look for any tips/savings
Thanks, i'l take a look, though I usually stick (pun) to buying the proper kit, its mainly for the guarantee.
That said, ive mouldings to do too, so maybe a very soft generic pad-saver would be a good idea :cool:

Alas not.
Thats just the hook and loop
DSCF3987.JPG
DSCF3987.JPG
, my prob is the entire soft pad has come detached, and its not flat where a piece of foam stuck on would likely sort it. The foam pad is recessed and the actual mount base plate is proud to accommodate it, so if i were to try to replace it id need to try to find some way of trimming out those areas- middle is 3mm higher than the outside, and around the edges it recesses in, so any foam pad would need to mirror it exactly or it was only just be held on, and likely not enough to make it secure over time.
It does look like Im better replacing the entire pad- The pad is the part that screw mounts to the machine and the foam sticks to that. I think the 'pad' would best be described as the 'base plate' Possibly confusing things calling it the pad-= that is the foam bit that is stuck to the base plate and has the hook and loop system on it for the sanding papers.

I've just bought the replacement part, but ill also see if i can clean all the old adhesive off the baseplate, and try some spray evostick contact on it to see if that works. Can be a spare or something. I need this to be operational and no point in waiting weeks finding out the evo doesnt work and trial and error trying to make it work.
Sometimes best just to go with the correct part
DSCF3985.JPG
DSCF3985.JPG

Last edited:
another is if you need to get the job done or can't repalce the pad is Bostik

edit typo

Last edited:
I hardly use any abrasive paper, it’s down to how you design and make the job so that it can be lightly passed over with a hand plane to finish I think, what is this job you are planning to do? Ian

The evostick impact adhesive spray worked an absolute treat, and certainly hasn't shown any signs of loosening off.
So for future reference, evo contact will solve the prob, should you have a similar one.

The replacement was only £29,(normally £55-60) and turned up very quickly so has been fitted and is as it should.

Back