Two Apricot natural edge bowls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Fresh of the late this morning two Apricot natural edge bowls from two half's the same log one 6" x 3 1.2" the other 7" x 3 1/2"

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 988
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 988
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 988
paul johnson":1g5yos53 said:
Hi woody, you say you used teak oil please could you tell me what method you used to obtain a shine like that.

Regards Paul.
Hi Paul just applied liberally with a cloth or brush wipe of the excess after 5 min let it dry denib and apply the next the next coat and keep repeating till you get the desired effect if it gets to shiny for you leave it for a few weeks to dry completely then apply some paste wax with some ooo wire wool put it to one side for 30 min then buff with a cotton cloth

They look very well made. I agree with the comments about being too shiny; they almost look like plastic.

I would not have thought that there would be much apricot around for woodturner, and your pieces must have come from quite a sizeable tree. It is always interesting to see something new!!

FWIW I really liked them while they lasted, even the much derided shine. I'm amazed by the apparent ease with which you achieved it, I must have a go myself.

Back