TV PROGRAMME

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwc812

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just spotted:
BBC4 tomorrow (10th) at 9.00pm
Carved with love: The genius of British Woodwork
I of 4. First: Thomas Chippendale
Cheers John

Given my interest in matters historical, I will certainly be watching this. :)

Given my interest in matters historical, I doubt I'll find much new in it. :-(

BugBear

I wonder if this is a trend towards more woodies in the BBC? There was the documentary recently about a guy who started to manage on old woodland for coppicing (unfortunately I didn't get to see all the episodes) and BBC radio had a series of talks about trees (unfortunately I didn't get to hear all of them). I hope we may see more programming around wood in the future. Perhaps we should all send in favourable feedback to the BBC to help encourage them?

I mentioned to my wife that Chippendale was on TV tonight.
She got all excited - I don't know why!
John

You should have waited and shouted "Here, come and look at these Chippendales", you would then have seen just how fast she can move. :twisted:

That bus programme was excellent in my opinion, but not to the temperament of everyone.

BBC TV has 'experimented', if that's the term, with these minimalist almost silent films about a particulat subject in the past to good effect. I recall one about a chair-maker, but..... not exciting enough for all.

Mr_P":3iiucear said:
If you missed it first time round its on iplayer again now. I was watching all aboard the country bus and it came up in the suggestions below, fishy have they been perusing my cache.

I have no objections to suggestions based on my previous viewing - it's really helpful, as you found.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back