Turners Retreat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daven

Established Member
Reaction score
A public thank you to TR

Called them Wednesday 2.30 and ordered a few bits - parcel arrived following morning 8am!

Excellent and friendly service.

Dave

I find that Poolewood likewise seem to be able to get items ordered in the afternoon in your hands the very next morning. This is just the sort of thing that keeps customers commng back time after time.

I'd go along with the 'approvals' of T-R.

They can get items up to me , next day... every time....
and are an absolute joy to deal with over the phone.
-- Brilliant.

I'd say the exact same about Axminster, too.

Both great companies to deal with.
Very 'customer-orientated', and it pays them dividends, I'm sure.

Can't speak highly enough about both of these.
8) 8) 8) :D :D :D

That's the first time I've heard anyone have a good thing to say about Poolewood. I had a run-in with them once and they acted very poorly IMHO. That said, orders before and since have been fine, so I don't hold a grudge.

wizer":2t9zxfo2 said:
That's the first time I've heard anyone have a good thing to say about Poolewood. I had a run-in with them once and they acted very poorly IMHO. That said, orders before and since have been fine, so I don't hold a grudge.

I've always found Poolewood to be very helpful in my dealings with them. Having said that I've found all the suppliers of woodworking bits & bobs I've dealt with so far to be very good in terms of fast delivery and answering queries. I've not be unlucky enough so far to have to test any of them with a major problem or an incorrect order.

tekno.mage

i have to agree with you dave, turners-retreat have
allways been great for customer satisfaction. sometimes they, like all the rest get it wrong. when that happens they do tend to sort it pretty quick.
BUT THIS WAS THE BEST,,about aug last year i was in turners looking around when i saw a pen lathe for sale £60.00 because they wanted rid before moving. i rang my mate in essex if he still wanted one. the qoute i got was £30.00 postage. now dave at turners said if he orded a pen kit £2.99 he would send it to him for the normal £4.99.
NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

Latest posts

Back