Tuff Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-G

Established Member
Reaction score
I found out about this company via this forum so it seems appropriate to pass on my experience with them.

One word sums it up - EXCELLENT !

The quality of the product is taken for granted - their saws are better than any others I've tried and cheaper - (a rare combination) but their service is just beyond reproach.

From my first order back in April I had one saw break at the weld which I posted back to them and I received the repaired item less than a week later.

My second order needed a little discussion because they had removed the 32tpi option from the web but Susie assured me that they did still have some stock that they could supply (it is running low) so a comment on the order put that right. Then Susie noticed a discrepancy on the length ordered between my first and second orders so called me to clarify it.

To cap it all I received the order today and included were two extra blades of a different spec (correct length - different tpi and width) FOC!!

What's not to like =D> =D>

marcros":36hrwdwp said:
I agree.

What are you cutting with 32tpi?

Brass, Aluminium, Copper, thin ( 1 - 4mm ) hardwoods - Ebony, Ironwood, African Blackwood - very occasionally thin ( 0.5 - 0.75mm) steel.

The majority of my work is Jewellery and small boxes to present it in rather than turning.

I know Ian From Tuff saws very well he Is Local to Me And All I Have Spoken Too Have all had 100% satisfaction he Is A genuine Guy Who Looks after His customers That's Why he is so popular.
regards
Bill

My partner bought me a small bench top bandsaw. ..... I was so disappointed as it wouldn't even cut
6mm ply in a straight line. .....

After some info from this forum I rang and ordered some blades.......

I can now cut 2mm veneers from 70mm oak!!!
I'm one happy bunny :D

J-G":18oy2wv9 said:
From my first order back in April I had one saw break at the weld which I posted back to them and I received the repaired item less than a week later.

I have had two blades also break at the weld, hence why i don't use them any more. Their service for repairing may be good, but should the blades be breaking at the weld in the first place, especially when newish. :roll:

Teepeg":26b1e8zg said:
J-G":26b1e8zg said:
I have had two blades also break at the weld, hence why i don't use them any more. Their service for repairing may be good, but should the blades be breaking at the weld in the first place, especially when newish. :roll:
In my experience the potential for breakage is directly proportional to the excess tension applied. I often had the blade jump off the wheels because of under tension and the one that broke was a direct consequence of my attempts to correct that problem.

Now I have more experience and understand both the tensioning and work-feed issues much better.

What I'm really saying is that with the best will in the world, Ian has no control over how we each use our equipment and the fact that he offers a free repair is a major benefit as far as I'm concerned.

Back