TS-200 Table Saw Update? New Tablesaw help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axminster have a basic TS200 on their Ebay store at the moment. I will have a stand and sliding table available soon. Watch this space.

TornUp":2fpv3dyk said:
can you give me some more infomation on it? what is the Rip Fence like? what about the miter slot? is it a standard size slot that can take any jig(like a tenoning jig?)

you said you can run a dado set in it? nice!

Tom..

Hi Tom

The fence is basic but can be aligned and grips both sides of the top so is very rigid. They seem to change the design a few times so it might be different now. The mitre slot is std as I have an Incra mitre guide and it fits perfectly. I have made a tennoning jig for it as well.

Here are a few pics. As you can see I tend to fasten sacrificial boards to the fence especially for ripping where a full length fence is undesirable.

B4201202009.jpg

B4201202008.jpg

B4201202007.jpg

B4201202006.jpg

B4201202005-1.jpg

I use a SUVA guard which is not in the picture before you ask.

That looks just like my first one! CI top (good), meccano stand (not so good, but OK), belt tensioned by weight of outboard motor (ditto), pulley guard non-existent (your outfeed table does a better job) and rubbish fence. I'm surprised you can align it at all, I had to check mine every single time.
The problem is that it clamps across the table. Yes, it is firm, but only because it is held at both ends. But that very system prevent self-alignment. The modern 3-point system is much better, as it is self-aligning as well as rock solid. I made such a fence for it 20 years ago and it is still in use today. I show an updated version of that on one of my DVDs. It's easy to do and won't break the bank either.
If you start with a saw like this, as I did, you can improve it considerably with a bit of effort. It will never be as good as a <insert your preferred drool-model here> but you will be able to use it safely and accurately.

Cheers
Steve

Steve Maskery":baqwzeyd said:
That looks just like my first one! CI top (good), meccano stand (not so good, but OK), belt tensioned by weight of outboard motor (ditto), pulley guard non-existent (your outfeed table does a better job) and rubbish fence. I'm surprised you can align it at all, I had to check mine every single time.
The problem is that it clamps across the table. Yes, it is firm, but only because it is held at both ends. But that very system prevent self-alignment. The modern 3-point system is much better, as it is self-aligning as well as rock solid. I made such a fence for it 20 years ago and it is still in use today. I show an updated version of that on one of my DVDs. It's easy to do and won't break the bank either.
If you start with a saw like this, as I did, you can improve it considerably with a bit of effort. It will never be as good as a <insert your preferred drool-model here> but you will be able to use it safely and accurately.

Cheers
Steve

Good comments Steve. I have your first 3 DVD's and don't recall the fence, must get the others! Actually I must be lucky as the fence is surprisingly good, I have learnt a little kind of side to side shake, of the fence mechanism as I tighten it to ensure it is not skewed and for the most part it is very accurate.

I have the stand fitted firmly to levelling shims on the floor and aligned to the workbench which is my outfeed table. It is also plumbed into the extractor and all in all I am very pleased with it.

Back