TS-200 Blade Size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tisdai

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought the Axminster TS-200 table saw and I have been offered a couple of Freud 210mm blades. The info on the saw mentions that it takes a 200mm blade. Does anyone who owns a TS-200 know wherether or not it would take a 210mm blade or is it just too big? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Why put something on thats essentially oversized when there are plenty of 200 mm blades avaialble.

200 x 40T @ £21.00 + post + VAT

other tooth configurations are available.....

I have 200mm blades 1 Freud Pro 200mm X 30T that i got for £13.95 delivered, and 1 for £0.00 from the same friend who offered me the 210mm blades.

I mentioned in the post that i was Offered a couple of 210mm blades from a friend and was just asking if they would fit the saw before i said yes to him.

Did you ever find out if they would fit?

I know my Kity (same as your axi) has a bit of space / adjustment between the splitter and the blade but not much.

If it were me, I would make very sure it would not hit anything before turning the saw on.

Mick

Just resurrecting this thread as I have a question on this as well.

I have just bought a TS-200 and was wanting a slightly deeper cut.

I have been playing with some of my blades from other tools to see if they fit in the table (all isolated and safe!).

Apart from the riving knife needing to be re-ground to suit the larger blade, blades up to 220mm diameter fit in the saw with plenty of clearance all round.

Also the 220mm blade still retracts fully into the table so no problem there.

Can you experienced ones give any reasons why I should not go with a bigger blade? Would the motor suffer with the larger cut?

My saw says it has a 60mm max cut but really it only goes up to about 55mm with the supplied 200mm blade if I don't force the elevation winder. With the 220mm blade I will get up to 65mm which is better for me.

I am scratching my head trying to work out if there are any problems to this mod, surely if the blade is clear and the riving knife is set up correctly again it should be OK?

Thanks,

Steve.

Ateallthepies":gen1ywpf said:
Just resurrecting this thread as I have a question on this as well.

I have just bought a TS-200 and was wanting a slightly deeper cut.

I have been playing with some of my blades from other tools to see if they fit in the table (all isolated and safe!).

Apart from the riving knife needing to be re-ground to suit the larger blade, blades up to 220mm diameter fit in the saw with plenty of clearance all round.

Also the 220mm blade still retracts fully into the table so no problem there.

Can you experienced ones give any reasons why I should not go with a bigger blade? Would the motor suffer with the larger cut?

My saw says it has a 60mm max cut but really it only goes up to about 55mm with the supplied 200mm blade if I don't force the elevation winder. With the 220mm blade I will get up to 65mm which is better for me.

I am scratching my head trying to work out if there are any problems to this mod, surely if the blade is clear and the riving knife is set up correctly again it should be OK?

Thanks,

Steve.

theres a good chance the elevation wider rod thing (technical description)may be bent inside - have a look at wizers thread on fettling a ts200 - toms was like that, so was ours, and so was someone elses (i forget who)

Could be as my saw was the display model in the High Wycombe branch last week.

Thought I had a result as I didn't have to build the thing!

Probably some numpty has forced the winder?

Is there an easy fix for this?

Will have a look at that thread now.

ATB,

Steve.

From what i seen ATB, in the other threads about modding the TS, they are very good and give plenty of info on how to sort it out if it is bent. I have not had a chance to check mine yet because of health and workshop/garage conversion problems.

I will say this about the forum, the reason i joined in the 1st place was because of a great review :wink: i found on here while searching the web. It is a great place for info and for getting help when or if needed, All in All a great place to come and Relax in :) .

Cheers

Dave

The bar that controls the angle of the riving knife was bent on my kity 419 in exactly the same way as wizer's ts200. The height adjustment screw was also a bit caked up. Before, the blade wouldn't go below the table, whereas now it will (but only just).
Si

Seems that to solve the problem and prevent the bar from re-bending, you need to undo the connection at the motor plate end and ease the hole that it goes to slightly.

Just come in from my garage after having a fettle and a look at that bar on my TS and can report that mine is straight.

Not sure why my saw only goes up to 55mm?

Any ideas on the bigger blade? Safe/unsafe?

Thanks,

Steve.

Back