Trying to source t-track to fit to own made router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n-hatton

Reaction score
Hi All.

Am setting about making my own router table, mainly out of MDF, and have sourced own-build router table bits from Trend such as feather boards and mitre fence.

Now trying to source supplier of cheap lengths (appx 3mtr total) of t-track or t-slot(?) that I can rebate into the table's surface. This will then be used, hopefully without any re-working, to accept the Trend mitre fence and feather boards.

This is the stuff I'm after http://growinglifestyle.shop.com/op/~Al ... od-5787981.

Can only seem to find this spot-on stuff with US supplier. Anyone know of UK local or mail order suppliers? Live in Reading, Berks

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum.
Sorry I can't help with the T-track but I'm sure others will be along soon with suggestions. FWIW, some people don't like mitre slots on a router table. There is just so much dust and chippings about that they clog up very easily. I've made jigs that just run against the front edge of the table.

Axminster and Rutlands both sell it but its not the cheapest around.
Its not uncommon for people to order from USA, companies like Rockler have good prices and regular deals on it and it can work out quite cheaply even with duty if you get hit with it.
beejay

Hi George.

I just had a DOH!!! moment (Holmer Simpson) and only thought of doing a forum search after making my posting! Found a few good threads on the subject and a supplier only about 5 miles from home - Wood Workers Workshop in Sonning Common!

Interesting what you say though, and I can understand the argument.

Hmmm... worth reconsidering and would make it a simpler and easier project.

Cheers,
Neil

Neil
I bought some from Tilgear, about £9 for a metre. Real good stuff.
Sadly they dont have a website.....
Hope this helps
Philly :D

What better testament: only just joined this forum, but had more results in the 10 minutes since than I did with Google on my own almost all day long!

Wood Workers Workshop almost next door to me! Then Rutlands, who seem to have loads of stuff I've been after for a while :)

Cheers all,
Neil

n-hatton":12ksfghx said:
Hi George.
a supplier only about 5 miles from home - Wood Workers Workshop in Sonning Common! Neil

Check that they have it in stock as it comes from Woodpecker in the USA and can take time to arrive
Barry

Well you jammy devil Neil having those on your doorstep. :) I bought mine from Rutlands although as has been mentioned it is not cheap.

Latest posts

Back