Triton TRA001 router NVR

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know of a suitable NVR switch for the Triton TRA001 router as its 15a 2400w.
I can only find switches suitable for 2000w-2200w machines.
Many Thanks

Jmac80":2z3ufhqp said:
Does anyone know of a suitable NVR switch for the Triton TRA001 router as its 15a 2400w.
I can only find switches suitable for 2000w-2200w machines.

I don't, but I do seem to vaguely recall some people stating that the TRA001 only actually draws ~2kW anyway, and Triton just state 2.4 to sound more impressive (measuring it slightly differently). It's probably worth looking into that angle as well if you already have a line on a switch suitable for a 2kW device. Presuming that the 2kW on your NVR is measured the same, of course!

Do you need a NVR? I know it's a nice thing but I've never really thought that a NVR is essential in the small home workshop. If you lose power you'll be using the tool at the time so you just need to remember to switch it off. If it's because you want to switch the tool on and off from a more continent location then a normal switched socket will do.

I think the Triton router table's switch is just a normal switch and not a NVR.

A few days ago using Triton router in a Triton table----- switched of at the 3 pin socket pulled the plug, raised the cutter changed the bit lowered it to where i wanted it for the next cut, I then plugged in and switched on at the wall -------- Pressed the NVR at the end of the Workcenter--------- I then went to rout the piece of wood ,,Silly me I had not switched the routers switch back on. This I did and the router started up straight away. Made me jump!!!??? I take it that it is not a NVR ?? Take care

timber":38qc6t6k said:
A few days ago using Triton router in a Triton table----- switched of at the 3 pin socket pulled the plug, raised the cutter changed the bit lowered it to where i wanted it for the next cut, I then plugged in and switched on at the wall -------- Pressed the NVR at the end of the Workcenter--------- I then went to rout the piece of wood ,,Silly me I had not switched the routers switch back on. This I did and the router started up straight away. Made me jump!!!??? I take it that it is not a NVR ?? Take care

Sounds like the NVR is working as it should. You pressed the NVR 'ON' after restoring the mains so this made the router live. NVRs release when there is no voltage on the input side and require a reset (press the ON) once the power is restored to the input - which is exactly what you did. If I had such a device in line with my router I'd leave the router switch to ON and use the NVR ON/OFF to start and stop it

I normally do, but to change the cutter on my Triton router I have to switch the router switch off . The router can not be raised above the table if the switch is on. A great design but still not sure about the NVR though
Do you have a Triton router?

@timber no I don't have a Triton router, mine are Elu, Trend, Freud and B&D. I read somewhere about the Triton raising mechanism for cutter changes, sounds like a great idea and I can well understand why it needs to be OFF.

mseries":1b34qvsq said:
@timber no I don't have a Triton router, mine are Elu, Trend, Freud and B&D. I read somewhere about the Triton raising mechanism for cutter changes, sounds like a great idea and I can well understand why it needs to be OFF.

I too have an Elu, Swiss made, large Hitachi, great but the Triton is better and a B&D which I have never used, I still think that the NVR could work better----------- maybee it would have to have a complete circuit ( through the router ) to make the NVR stay latched in. However if my post helps to stop a careless mistake like mine happening I shall be well pleased , could have been nasty if the wood had been touching the cutter, or indeed my fingers!!! Take care

Latest posts

Back