Triton router replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I quickly canvass opinion on what router I should look at to replace my old 1/2" Triton router? It finally gave up on me last night!

Sorry I forgot to mention it is mainly used in a Record router bench.

Dave

Get another one. Someone on here had a new triton for sale last week,
Maybe worth a search. :lol: :lol:
Had a quick look, give 'fecn' a PM

John. B

Those bought in the B&Q sell-off still pop up, unopened and unused, on Ebay from time to time.

Dave

Also check what has stopped working, check the brushes have not failed. If it is the brushes Ray (argee) is ordering some new ones currently.

Trend T11 is a good alternative although you need to have or make a hole in the router table mounting plate to allow access to the above table height adjustment mechanism, not usually a problem with standard table inserts but not sure if the Record is all cast iron or has a drillable plate ?

Cheers, Paul :D

Hi,

I am impressed by my Hitachi M12V its a powerfull bit of kit and it was only £23 from a car boot! they sometimes go for peanuts on Ebay.
I also have a Makita 3612C that is a nice machine.

Pete

Argee":1hcgdzvo said:
Dave_G":1hcgdzvo said:
It finally gave up on me last night!
What were the symptoms, Dave? Any smoke? What caused it, do you know? I've got a new motor, etc. so it could be re-built.

Ray.

The symptoms: smoke, with strong smell of burning electrics, immediately followed by a blue spark/crack.

What caused it - I have no idea as it worked fine in the morning.

Dave_G":1jac7p27 said:
The symptoms: smoke, with strong smell of burning electrics, immediately followed by a blue spark/crack.

What caused it - I have no idea as it worked fine in the morning.
Right - the motor's had it, usually the field windings fail after a stall or something similar.

I've got a virtually new armature already mounted in a motor housing. I haven't got the variable speed controller, but yours is probably still OK. You're a bit far away for popping round to see me, but if you want to ship it down, I'll rebuild it for you.

Ray.

Latest posts

Back