Triton plungesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumo2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Was looking at replacing my scheppach saw with the Triton version was wondering if the scheppach track would work with it please?

If I recall the schleppach stuff pretty much only works with its own. I think the distance between the edge of the rail and the ridge on the rail are further apart than on pretty much every other rail. So the Triton would run on the rail, but it would cut the aluminium on the edge rather than the splinter guard.

If I recall the schleppach stuff pretty much only works with its own. I think the distance between the edge of the rail and the ridge on the rail are further apart than on pretty much every other rail. So the Triton would run on the rail, but it would cut the aluminium on the edge rather than the splinter guard.

Yes, one of the most knuckleheaded departures from the ‘standard’ rail I’ve come across, no idea what they were thinking, it’s so restricting.

Was looking at replacing my scheppach saw with the Triton version...

Out of the frying pan into the fire, I’d say. I bought the Triton when it was on special - it was DOA so returned immediately - but I was surprised to see it was an absolute dead ringer for the much cheaper (now discontinued) Screwfix Titan saw, albeit with a slightly bigger motor and soft start. Actually I think the Titan was better made - certainly better finished - than the Triton.

Yes, one of the most knuckleheaded departures from the ‘standard’ rail I’ve come across, no idea what they were thinking, it’s so restricting.

Out of the frying pan into the fire, I’d say. I bought the Triton when it was on special - it was DOA so returned immediately - but I was surprised to see it was an absolute dead ringer for the much cheaper (now discontinued) Screwfix Titan saw, albeit with a slightly bigger motor and soft start. Actually I think the Titan was better made - certainly better finished - than the Triton.
[/QUOTE

Thankyou for reply what would you suggest as a replacement please at a reasonable cost?

Thankyou for reply what would you suggest as a replacement please at a reasonable cost?
Honestly I’m not convinced there’s a mid-range tracksaw right now - Erbauer, maybe, but I’ve never used one. Once you get beyond the supermarket saws, the Lidl Parkside and the Aldi (not recommended) and the Titan replacement MacAllister (I’ve not used that) then everything up to the Makita seems to be a clone of one of the cheaper saws, but at a higher price, and possibly with a bit of added glitter. The Erbauer at least has a bit of added capacity - but then “Erbauer” 🤷‍♂️

If you’re looking for a step up from the Scheppach, then I think I’d look at trying to find a deal on the Makita. Not sure if that helps or not! P

Cheers i had narrowed it down to either the Makita or Dewalt just wanted a 2nd opinion .
The scheppach is still working at moment but found a large Spring on floor which doesn't bode well.
Love your youtube channel by the way

Have to say I've been pleased with my MacAllister tracksaw from Screwfix for about £100 . . . my research showed a massive step up in price (more than I was prepared to spend) to the next rank of track saws. I've been cutting loads of plywood (Birch and ordinary) as well as MDF and some softwood with very clean cuts. Next step is to make a "Peter Millard repeat cut jig" for it (y)

Latest posts

Back