Triton MOF001 - problems with height adjustment mechanism

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a MOF001 permanently mounted in my router table.
For a couple of weeks the height adjuster has been playing up a little; been stiff to adjust and difficult to adjust very finely. I've been meaning to take it out of the table and investigate but, you know .................... :oops:
Now this evening the problem suddenly got worse and the adjuster now will not lift the weight of the router up although it still works OK when adjusting down.
I've now taken it out of the table and standing on the bench, the right way up, the adjuster works OK since it now has gravity as help. But if I invert the router, as it would be in the table, the adjuster just goes click, click, click and refuses to lift the router.
Before I start dismantling has anyone come across a similar problem before ? Also, can anyone explain how the height adjuster mechanism works ? The black knob you rotate is fixed to the end of a rod which passes through the body of the router. The other end of the rod has a forked end which mates with the adjuster handle you use through the table. What I don't understand is how this rod is connected to the adjuster mechanism - I imagine the problem lies somewhere there.
Any help would be of great help. :D

Mark

Sounds like this is almost certainly the problem with my MOF001. Thanks very much for your help Roger.

I've read through Ray Girling's procedure and it sounds like a lot of dismantling is necessary to get the worm gear out. Did you really need to go that far to replace yours ?

Mark

Krysstel":3lhdq1er said:
Sounds like this is almost certainly the problem with my MOF001. Thanks very much for your help Roger.

I've read through Ray Girling's procedure and it sounds like a lot of dismantling is necessary to get the worm gear out. Did you really need to go that far to replace yours ?

Mark
No, I just used Ray's breakdown as an initial guide. You've only got to get the orange top off. You'll be surprised how easy it is once you get at it. Do buy one of the new steel worms - I wish they'd been available when I did mine.

OK, so I don't need to remove the plunge mechanism and everything else Ray Girling describes. Good !

I ordered the new (steel) part earlier this morning even though I'm not 100% sure that's where the problem is. I'll be in the UK on Friday and can collect from a relative (am located in Norway) but havn't got time to dismantle the router to check before I leave so have taken the chance and assumed I need one.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Krysstel":2f0rlqk1 said:
I ordered the new (steel) part earlier this morning even though I'm not 100% sure that's where the problem is.
Mark
Well even if it's not the problem (which I highly suspect it is) it'll be a worthwhile upgrade.

Let me know how you get on. Good luck. :)

I've had exactly the same problem on the same router.

I gave mine a damn good clean out with an air line and that seem to have done the job

Hope this is of some help

Andy :D

Back