Trend T4 (or other 1/4" routers)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodenstx

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen this package http://www.its.co.uk/pd/T4EKPK12-Trend- ... EKPK12.htm
T4
12 pack of Trend cutters and a depth gauge for £84 inc VAT.

I'd like a smaller router for doing lighter tasks that my 1/2" is a bit cumbersome for. Would the above Trend T4 for £84 be a sensible buy, or are there better options (given the cost) out there?
Lightish use, ham fisted amature etc :lol:

Had a T4 for about a month. Hated it with a passion.. but I'm sure other opinions may differ. Depth stop was terrible, changing bits was annoying if you wanted to use the dust extraction clip on bit (which wanted 2 screws doing to keep it on IIRC) and it got very hot when asking little of it. Sold it on, bought something three times the price and never looked back.

There was a thread on hear about smaller routers that would likely have some better candidates for you if you can find it.

Ohhh the Katsu looks well recieved. And loks like Aim do a "package" where you get tilt, plunge and normal bases and router for under £100.

+1 For the Katsu
If you search through the threads Dodge of this forum a pro cabinet maker ,has multiple ones set with different cutters for faster production, good enough and reliable for him , good enough for us mere mortals
Regards David

Check out the individual price's of each item offered in the bundle, there was an anomaly where the combined offer was more expensive than buying each item individually. =D>

Mike

Have a look at the Makita RT0700CX4. You can use this as a trimmer and you can add a plunge base, trimmer base and angle base. I am not sure of the price. I was lent one for test and was super impressed. Extremely well made tool that will last a life time in normal use and is very well made.

The Katsu is for all intents and puproses a Makita RT0700CX4 just under a different brand, have a look at this thread: katsu-router-trimmer-t92553.html all the Makita spares and different fittings fit the Katsu.

Mike

Forgot to mention the Katsu is available for under a lot less.

MikeJhn":32hb3hx4 said:
Check out the individual price's of each item offered in the bundle, there was an anomaly where the combined offer was more expensive than buying each item individually. =D>

Mike

Just looked direct on the AIM website and the "kit" is about £10-15 cheaper than their Ebay shop :D

Watching this thread, always fancied a smaller router thats less bulky to use so will see what recommendations come up, although the AIM Katsu one looks pretty good and at that price then its worth a punt. Is there any extras that I might need to buy other than the motor? I see mention of a "kit" but cant see that, anyone got a link?

thanks

What are the uses for the tilt base? Just wondering if there is any point getting one if I'm unlikely to use it :lol:

Forming Dowel hole joints in mitred timber, recess for a spindle on the string and handrail of a staircase or any type of recess in an angled piece of timber.

Mike

Latest posts

Back