Trend Craftsman MK3 Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bremner

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying the new trend mk3 router table ( http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/product/C ... _240v.html ) I'd prefer to make my own but just don't have the space so this one would be perfect for me. Does anybody own or has anybody used one of these if so what do you think?

Cheers brem

P.S - If anybody has an alternative same kind of size (benchtop) and price (£250 max) I'm open to other suggestions

you do realise that this is a new item due to go on sale this month but not yet available?

There was supposed to be stock available on the 3rd of June which I missed out on, then the lead time from every where I rang was mid to late July. The places I rang might have been telling porkies and had no stock in June I don't know.

£238 ruddy hell i would make my own for half that money. and in half a day too.

I know this post has been dormant for some time now but as I have just bought one I thought I should air my views.
I was a bit sceptical about the 26mm top but even with my DW625 hung from it the table top and insert remain flat. Putting the whole thing together was simple and the instruction booklet is clear and easy to follow. The fence is a substantial aluminium section with adjustable laminated MDF cheeks and is easy to fit, adjust and remove. The 6.5mm aluminium insert plate comes with 2 insert rings and has seven grub screws to allow easy levelling. One tip is if you are going to use the 4 securing screws, set the plate fractionally high then tighten them which will bring the plate down level. The no volt release switch is good however I would have preferred one with a large flap over the Off switch so you don't need to look at which button you are pressing. The mitre gauge has a small amount of play in it (as usual), I fixed this by wrapping PTFE tape around the guide a bit at a time until I got a snug fit. The featherboards, finger guard and push stick are well made and fit well. I have the fence mounted dust port connected to my SIP dust extractor and this seems to pick up almost all of the dust, I was thinking of building a dust box to go underneath but I will hold off for now. I have spent a few days just playing around with various materials and cutters and have had good results. I made a raised panel door last night and even with those big cutters in the table performed very well.

Overall I am very pleased with this new addition to my very small workshop.

"I love the smell of sawdust in the morning"

Latest posts

Back