Trend Airshield - update?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Matt,
had mine about 6 months and still very happy with it. I don't think you'll be dissapointed once you get over the initial cost.

cd

Hi Matt
I"ve had mine for a year or so and I love it.
A very useful bit of kit but as cd said the price does make your eyes water. But after a few months you forget what you paid and carry on getting the benefits which are well worth while.

All the best

John

Matt
I have had mine for a year now bought it at last years Ally Pally.I would not be without it but the filters are also a little steep in my view. Go buy one your lungs deserve it
Barry

I find it invaluable in a small workshop - it's the only thing I've ever used that genuinely keeps you dust free - because it covers your whole face too. It's easy to put on which means you use it more - no fiddling with straps - when it's adjusted to your head it comes on and off in seconds. It's pretty clumsy though especially when flipped up but you soon get used to it.
It is pricey but you forget about that soon enough - and all the parts are replaceable so should last ...
Cheers
Gidon

Had mine in use for 10 months or so, would not be without it, first thing I grab whenever there is any risk of dust anywhere on any job.

Just changed out filters faceseal etc. Looks as good as new, filters were still letting adequate airflow through despite being very discolored.

I always 'back vac' outer filter after each session.

As has been said initial price and that of spares is steep but the ability to ignore the dust makes you quickly forget it.

Recently working alongside a tradesman struggling with a face mask whilst we were sawing some particularly obnoxious WBP Plywood left him making serious enquiries as to source and cost of one for himself.

Well, it arrived today...

Just spent half-an-hour playing and trying to get it to fit without the front sliding down my forehead and having the bottom of the visor digging in my neck. Think I may have finally got a reasonable fit but "reasonable" just does not seem good enough for £160...

Nevertheless, I've wrapped it all back up again in its box and will have another go tomorrow when my head is not hurting from all the messing about. If I can pop it on and it feels OK then I may keep it. If not - it's going back.

Fit aside... £160 seems way too expensive. Trend must be making a huge margin.

Bob - yes.

Matt - I did find it a little tricky when first adjusting the fit. It took me a while to work out that the fabric just pulls out under one's chin - you don't pull the bottom of the mask to your chin if you understand what I mean!

But after working that out I find it pretty comfortable. You're right it is expensive for what it is - but there isn't anything available cheaper which is comparable.

Cheers

Gidon

I too agree about the price, but, until something else comes along, it will remain at that price.

I've had some problems with the fit as well. Not quite worked it out yet but I haven't had the opportunity to use it all that much. I wore it for a while at the weekend and found that it was hurting my head after a while. I need to take some time to get the adjustment right.

Compared to wearing horrible dustmasks though, it is worth the cost.

I'm now sitting at me desk with it on...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to adjust it. It seems as though you have to keep the band quite tight to...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to adjust it. Where was I? Ah, yes, keep the band quite to stop it pushing your forehead skin down in to your eyes (my wife just asked why I was looking so angry - I had to explain that it was what the headband does to my face). However, with the...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to adjust it. However, with the band tight it feels like an instrument of torture and the beginnings of a headache. The...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to adjust it. The over-head band is also in need of some padding too. I think it's going to drive me...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to adjust it. I think it's going to drive me mad to the point where...

...sorry, just had to stop typing to throw it across the room. My wife want's to know why I still look angry...

:roll:

Matt
You do know it's for in the workshop, right? :wink:
You get used to wearing it pretty quickly-although not as quickly as your lungs.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":1y2vtqeq said:
You get used to wearing it pretty quickly-although not as quickly as your lungs.

If it were a lot cheaper, then I'd use it in the hope that I would get used to it. However, for what it cost I'm not prepared to risk being £160 down and have knackered lungs too. I'm going to experiment with some cheaper alternatives and see how I get on. I may even have a go at designing and making something myself.

Cheers, Gidon. Had my eye on the Aircap as another possible option. The donwside is the lead; however, the reduction in weight over the Trend seems like a good gain.

Thanks again.

Back